This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Influence of Injection Parameters on Performance and Emission of DI Diesel Engine Fuelled by 1,4-Dioxane Emulsified Fuel
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 25, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
The pattern of utilizing the water/diesel emulsion fuels in engines had been given great importance due to its ecological and exhaustion of petroleum reserves. This investigation displays the impact of 1,4-dioxane emulsified fuel on performance and emissions at various operating pressures. 1,4-dioxane emulsified fuel (DWSD10) was prepared with 10% 1,4-dioxane, 10% water, 0.2% surfactant and 79.8% diesel. To estimate the engine performance and emissions, the engine was operated with 180 bar, 200 bar and 220 bar operating pressures and the output was equated with diesel fuel operating on normal pressure of 200 bar. BTE of 1,4-dioxane emulsified fuel at 220 bar was higher when compare with diesel fuel. CO, HC and BSEC were lower at 220 bar on par with diesel fuel. However, NOx was increases for the higher operating pressure. Overall, except NOx, at higher injection pressure (@220 bar) the 1,4-dioxane emulsified fuel outperforms the diesel fuel in terms of emission and performance.
CitationRAJENDRAN, V. and Balasubramanian, D., "Influence of Injection Parameters on Performance and Emission of DI Diesel Engine Fuelled by 1,4-Dioxane Emulsified Fuel," SAE Technical Paper 2020-28-0518, 2020.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Lin , C.Y. , and Wang , K.H. Diesel Engine Performance and Emission Characteristics Using Three-Phase Emulsions as Fuel Fuel 83 4-5 537 545 2004 10.1016/j.fuel.2003.08.012
- Subramanian , K.A. A Comparison of Water-Diesel Emulsion and Timed Injection of Water into the Intake Manifold of a Diesel Engine for Simultaneous Control of NO and Smoke Emissions Energy Conversion and Management 52 2 849 857 2011 10.1016/j.enconman.2010.08.010
- Yang , W.M. , An , H. , Chou , S.K. , Vedharaji , S. et al. Emulsion Fuel with Novel Nano-Organic Additives for Diesel Engine Application Fuel 104 726 731 2013 10.1016/j.fuel.2012.04.051
- Ogunkoya , D. , Li , S. , Rojas , O.J. , and Fang , T. Performance, Combustion, and Emissions in a Diesel Engine Operated with Fuel-in-Water Emulsions Based on Lignin Applied Energy 154 851 861 2015 10.1016/j.apenergy.2015.05.036
- Suresh , V. , and Amirthagadeswaran , K.S. Combustion and Performance Characteristics of Water-in-Diesel Emulsion Fuel Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization and Environmental Effects 37 18 2020 2028 2015 10.1080/15567036.2015.1072605
- Syu , J.Y. , Chang , Y.Y. , Tseng , C.H. , Yan , Y. et al. Effects of Water-Emulsified Fuel on a Diesel Engine Generator’s Thermal Efficiency and Exhaust Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association 64 8 970 978 2014 10.1080/10962247.2014.905508
- Vigneswaran , R. , Annamalai , K. , Dhinesh , B. , and Krishnamoorthy , R. Experimental Investigation of Unmodified Diesel Engine Performance, Combustion and Emission with Multipurpose Additive along with Water-in-Diesel Emulsion Fuel Energy Conversion and Management 172 370 380 2018 10.1016/j.enconman.2018.07.039
- Sendilvelan , S. , and Sundar , R. Implementation of Dioxane and Diesel Fuel Blends to Reduce Emission and to Improve Performance of the Compression Ignition Engine Journal of Engineering Science and Technology 12 11 3092 3101 2017
- Savariraj , S. , Ganapathy , T. , and Saravanan , C.G. Characterization of the DI Diesel Engine Powered by Mango Seed Oil Methyl Ester with Fuel Additive European Journal of Applied Engineering and Scientific Research 2 4 44 50 2013
- Sundar , R.C. , Arul , S. , Sendilvelan , S. , and Saravanan , G. Performance Analysis of 1, 4 Dioxane-Ethanol-Diesel Blends on Diesel Engines with and without Thermal Barrier Coating Thermal Science 14 4 979 988 2010 10.2298/TSCI1004979S
- Mohan , B. , Yang , W. , and Kiang Chou , S. Fuel Injection Strategies for Performance Improvement and Emissions Reduction in Compression Ignition Engines—A Review Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 28 664 676 2013 10.1016/j.rser.2013.08.051
- Nanthagopal , K. , Ashok , B. , and Raj , R.T.K. Influence of Fuel Injection Pressures on Calophyllum inophyllum Methyl Ester Fuelled Direct Injection Diesel Engine Energy Conversion and Management 116 165 173 2016 10.1016/j.enconman.2016.03.002