This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Active Hybrid Energy Storage System for Electric Two Wheeler
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 25, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
Use of Supercapacitor with Li-ion Battery as an Energy Storage System (ESS) for a two wheeler can be implemented in a variety of configurations with the aim to improve the cycle life of Li-ion batteries by decreasing the current transients they are subjected to, and to increase the peak power capability of the Power pack. MATLAB/SIMULINK tool is used as simulation software to model the Road Profile, Vehicle, Electric Powertrain and the Hybrid ESS (HESS). In this paper, the effect of different topologies of HESS and effect of degree of hybridization is analyzed w.r.t. current profile, voltage profile and State of Charge (SOC). Results show that use of HESS for Electric two wheeler in place of battery decreases the Peak/RMS Current experienced by the battery with corresponding improvement in battery life.
CitationWALVEKAR, A., BHATESHVAR, Y., and Vora, K., "Active Hybrid Energy Storage System for Electric Two Wheeler," SAE Technical Paper 2020-28-0516, 2020.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Kouchachvili , L. , Yaïci , W. , and Entchev , E. Hybrid Battery/Supercapacitor Energy Storage System for the Electric Vehicles J. Power Sources 374 Nov 237 248 2018
- Ostadi , A. , Kazerani , M. , and Chen , S.K. Hybrid Energy Storage System (HESS) in Vehicular Applications: A Review on Interfacing Battery and Ultra-Capacitor Units 2013 IEEE Transp. Electrif. Conf. Expo Components, Syst. Power Electron. - From Technol. to Bus. Public Policy, ITEC 2013 2013
- Carter , R. , Cruden , A. , and Hall , P.J. Optimizing for Efficiency or Battery Life in a Battery/Supercapacitor Electric Vehicle IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol. 61 4 1526 1533 2012
- Brundell-Freij , K. , and Ericsson , E. Influence of Street Characteristics, Driver Category and Car Performance on Urban Driving Patterns Transp. Res. Part D Transp. Environ. 10 3 213 229 May 2005
- Steven , H.
- Carl , B. and Brook , S. 1985