This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Optimization of Laminated Composite Plate for Maximum Fundamental Frequency
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 25, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
Fundamental frequency determination can help us to find where the resonance will happen. The need of dynamics characteristic is one of the major concerns to find the natural frequency. This paper aims to find the natural frequency of a laminated composite plate and optimizing the plate to get maximum frequency. Finding the optimum design by experimentally are more expensive. To avoid the complications now a days the researchers are using computational method. The present work offering an approach to design optimization of a composite plate with FEA tool and to achieve different combinations of objective using Design of Experiment (DOE) and the maximization of the fundamental natural frequency by using ANSYS Design explorer.
CitationKrishnan, J., Krishnapillai, S., Elsen, R., Chandrasekaran, S. et al., "Design and Optimization of Laminated Composite Plate for Maximum Fundamental Frequency," SAE Technical Paper 2020-28-0502, 2020.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- Qatu, M., Abu-Shams, M., and Hajianmaleki, M. , “Application of Laminated Composite Materials in Vehicle Design: Theories and Analyses of Composite Beams,” SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars-Mech. Syst. 6(2):1276-1282, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1943.
- Kayikci, R., and Sonmez, F.O. , “Design of Composite Laminates for Optimum Frequency Response,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 331:1759-1776, 2012.
- Fukunaga, H., Sekine, H., and Sato, M. , “Optimal Design of Symmetric Laminated Plates for Fundamental Frequency,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 171(2):219-229, Mar. 1994.
- Rao, S.S., and Singh, K. , “Optimum Design of Laminates with Natural Frequency Constraints,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 67(1):101-112, Nov. 1979.
- Narita, Y. , “Layerwise Optimization for the Maximum Fundamental Frequency of Laminated Composite Plates,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 263:1005-1016, 2003.
- Cho, K.N., Bert, C.W., and Striz, A.G. , “Free Vibrations of Laminated Rectangular Plates Analyzed by Higher Order Individual-Layer Theory,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 145(3):429-442, Mar. 1991.
- Bert, C.W. , “Optimal Design of a Composite Material Plate to Maximize Its Fundamental Frequency,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 50:229-237, 1977.
- Rastogi, N. , “Design of Composite Driveshafts for Automotive Applications,” SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-0485, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-0485.