This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design Analysis of Multipole Sensor Magnet for Peel off Strength of the Plastic Bonded Magnet from the Metal Cup
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 25, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
In this paper, the study of plastic bonded magnetic material is studied for the surface adhesion of the material on to the surface of a metal cup. The bonded magnetic material is formed as a mixture of plastic material blended with ferrite or NdFeB Magnetic powder. The amount of magnetic material used is confined to the magnetic property of the magnetic powder that can exhibit the required magnetic performance as higher rotational speed and higher temperature. The magnet is injection moulded onto the outer circumference of the metal cup. The magnet is bonded onto the metal surface which is of cup shape and this assembly is magnetized to form a multipole magnet. This multipole magnet is designed to withstand high centrifugal force during the magnet rotation at higher rpm say 40000 rpm. For improving the adhesion properties with the two dissimilar material, the plastic bonded magnetic material and metal cup with zinc plating, the design on the metal cup is probed in detail and simulation has been carried out using FEA software. The adhesion of this two material binding is to be confined and confined to the properties of the plastic material in the mixture of the plastic bonded magnetic material.
- Senthil Ram N D - Comstar Automotive Technology Pvt, Ltd.
- Rajeshkumar ramasamy - Comstar Automotive Tech P Ltd
- Seenuvas Sivathanu - Comstar Automotive Tech P Ltd
- Sathishkumar Manoharan - Comstar Automotive Tech P Ltd
- Thulasirajan Ganesan - Comstar Automotive Tech P Ltd
- Muruganandam Radhakrishnan - Comstar Automotive Tech P Ltd
- Praveen Chakrapani Rao - Comstar Automotive Tech P Ltd
CitationN D, S., ramasamy, R., Sivathanu, S., Manoharan, S. et al., "Design Analysis of Multipole Sensor Magnet for Peel off Strength of the Plastic Bonded Magnet from the Metal Cup," SAE Technical Paper 2020-28-0493, 2020.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Koshelev , F.F. , Kornev , A.B. , and Bukanov , A.M. General Technology of Rubbers Moscow Khimiya 1978
- Nikiforova , N.A. and Sheryshev , M.A.
- Gervason , G. , Ducon , J. , and Cheradame , H. Relationship Between Surface Energy and Adhesion Strength in Polyethylene Composites British Polymer Journal 21 1 53 59 1989