This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Simulation of Components of an All-Terrain Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 25, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
This paper conceptualizes the design of a single-seater All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV). The aim was to design and fabricate a lightweight, high strength vehicle (under 175kgs) which can withstand harsh terrains, while being affordable and easily manufacturable. This paper covers the extent of design and simulations ranging from static structural, fatigue analysis, explicit dynamics etc. have been carried out. Tools such as SolidWorks, Ansys and MATLAB have been used throughout the process.
The report is divided into individual subsystems, such as Chassis, Braking, Powertrain, Suspension and Steering. All the design considerations and objectives of each of the subsystems have been included. Simulation results of various components such as the Chassis, A-arms, Knuckles, Hubs and integral mounts have been attached with focus on modelling based on real-time forces and behaviors.
CitationPeshin, C., Walia, M., Madhan, P., and Gaikwad, S., "Design and Simulation of Components of an All-Terrain Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2020-28-0486, 2020.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 7]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 8]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 9]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 10]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 11]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 12]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 13]|
- Gillespie, T.D. , Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics (Warrendale, PA: SAE International, 1992), ISBN:978-1-56091-199-9.
- Smith, C. , Tune to Win (Redwood City, CA: Motorbooks International, 1999).
- Happian-Smith, J. , An Introduction to Modern Vehicle Design (New Delhi: Elsevier, 2013).
- Milliken, D.L., and Milliken, W.F. , Race Car Vehicle Dynamics: Problems, Answers, and Experiments (Warrendale, PA: SAE International, 2003), ISBN:978-0-7680-1127-2.
- Payne, E.T. , “Design of an SAE Baja Racing Off-Road Vehicle Powertrain,” 2015.