This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Battery-Health Conscious Energy Management Optimization of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Delivery Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Considering the impact of battery life on the life cycle cost of plug-in hybrid delivery vehicles, a multi-objective optimization study on battery charge and discharge power is carried out with the goal of minimizing comprehensive fuel consumption and battery life attenuation. The weight coefficient is introduced to transform the multi-objective optimization problem into a single-objective optimization problem. And use the dynamic programming (DP) algorithm to solve the problem of global optimization, and the optimal weight coefficient is selected according to the optimization result. The simulation results show that, this method has effectively reduced the battery life attenuation degree while ensuring fuel economy, and the life cycle cost of hybrid electric vehicles was optimized. Besides, it can provide research support and evaluation benchmarks for other types of energy management optimization strategies.
CitationHuang, Y., Zeng, X., Wang, X., and Song, D., "Battery-Health Conscious Energy Management Optimization of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Delivery Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-5125, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-5125.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- Yulong, R., Haifeng, L., Rui, S. et al. , “Analysis on Model of Life Cycle Cost of Electric Vehicle Based on Consumer Perspective,” Technology Economics 28(11):54-58, 2009.
- Jian, W., Chenghui, Z., Naxin, C. et al. , “Fuzzy Energy Management Strategy of Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle Based on Particle Swarm Optimization,” Control and Decision (01):46-50, 2008.
- Lin, Y., Yanqing, H., and Bin, Y. , “Optimal Charge Depleting Control of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles Based on Driving Condition,” Journal of Automotive Safety and Energy Conservation 8(1):87-96, 2017.
- Nannan, Y. , “Optimal Design and Dynamic Control of Dual Planetary Hybrid Electric Bus,” Jilin University, Changchun, 2015.
- Wang, J., Liu, P., Hicks-Garner, J. et al. , “Cycle-Life Model for Graphite-LiFePO4 Cells,” Journal of Power Sources 196(8):3942-3948, 2011.
- Tang, L., Rizzoni, G., and Onori, S. , “Energy Management Strategy for HEVs Including Battery Life Optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification 1(3):211-222, 2015.
- Onori, S. , “A New Life Estimation Method for Lithium-Ion Batteries in Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles Applications,” International Journal of Power Electronics 4(3):302-319, 2012.
- Suri, G., and Onori, S. , “A Control-Oriented Cycle-Life Model for Hybrid Electric Vehicle Lithium-Ion Batteries,” Energies 96:644-653, 2016.
- Xinyou, L., Dongye, S., and Datong, Q. , “Development of Power-Balancing Global Optimization Control Strategy for a Series-Parallel Hybrid Electric City Bus,” Chinese Mechanical Engineering 22(18):2259-2263, 2011.
- Tingting, D. , “Study on Energy Management and Battery Life for Extended-Range Electric Vehicle,” Jilin University, Changchun, 2013.