This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Configuration Optimization Method of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Bus
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
To be published on December 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Aiming at the problem of configuration selection of hybrid electric bus, a method of configuration optimization of plug-in hybrid electric bus is proposed. Several hybrid system configurations (P2, EVT+2AMT, EVT+CL1) for bus are presented, and the basic parameters of each system and the advantages and disadvantages of each configuration are introduced. The life cycle cost differentiation model of hybrid system configuration is established with the vehicle life cycle cost as the optimization index. On the premise of meeting the vehicle dynamics, the system configuration with the lowest life cycle cost is selected as the optimal configuration. To verify the rationality of the optimal hybrid system configuration, the fuel price and vehicle service life are selected as sensitivity factors to analyze the sensitivity of the life cycle cost differentiation model. The life cycle cost differentiation model proposed in this paper can be used to evaluate the whole life cycle economy of vehicle, which is of great significance to the selection of system configuration and the estimation of R & D cost.
CitationBin, G., Yinshu, W., Weizhi, L., Qianrui, Y. et al., "Configuration Optimization Method of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Bus," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-5119, 2020.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 7]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 8]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 9]|
- Wu, X., Cao, B., Li, X., Xu, J. et al. , “Component Sizing Optimization of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles,” Applied Energy 88(3):799-804, 2011.
- Yang, M. , “Hybrid Non-Stepping Bus “AERO NOSTEP HEV”,” Automobile & Parts 12:24-27, 2002.
- Barbosa, F.C. , “Hybrid Transit Bus Technology Assessment—A Feasibility Approach,” Energy 08-21, 2011.
- Yang, N. , “Historical Data Based Online Optimal Control Strategy for Power-split Hybrid Electric Bus,” Ph.D. thesis, Jilin University, 2018.
- Jin, G. , “Configuration and Control Strategy Study of Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle with Single Planetary Gear,” Master thesis, Chongqing University, 2018.
- Suh, B., Frank, A., Chung, Y.J. et al. , “Powertrain System Optimization for a Heavy-Duty Hybrid Electric Bus,” International Journal of Automotive Technology 12(1):131-139, 2011.
- Ye, L. , “Analysis and Discussion on LCC of Locomotive,” Railway Rolling Stock 25:106-108, 2005.
- Vineyard, D., Ingwersen, W.W., Hawkins, T.R. et al. , “Comparing Green and Grey Infrastructure Using Life Cycle Cost and Environmental Impact: A Rain Garden Case Study in Cincinnati, OH,” JAWRA Journal of the American Water Resources Association 51(5):1342-1360, 2015.
- Wang, L., Xu, N., Xu, N. et al. , “Research on Investment Decision of Substation Project Based on Life Cycle Cost,” IOP Conference Series Earth and Environmental Science 242(2):022016, 2019.
- Whitaker, M.B. , Life Cycle Assessment of Transit Systems in the U.S. and INDIA: Implications for a Carbon-constrained Future (Denver: University of Colorado, 2007).
- Contestabile, M., Offer, G., and North, R. , Electric Vehicles: A Synthesis of the Current Literature with a Focus on Economic and Environmental Viability (London: Imperial College London, 2012).
- Markel, T., and Simpson, A. , “Cost-Benefit Analysis of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle Technology,” World Electric Vehicle Association Journal 1(1), 2006.
- Chen, X., and Fang, M. , “Summaries of Product Life Cycle Cost in Manufacturing,” Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering 11:17-25, 2002.
- Markel, T. et al. , “Plug-In HEVs: A Near-Term Option to Reduce Petroleum Consumption from FY05 Milestone,” National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Jan. 19, 2006.
- Graham, R. et al. , “Comparing the Benefits and Impacts of Hybrid Electric Vehicle Options,” Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), Palo Alto, CA, 1000349, 2001.
- Golbuff, S. , “Optimization of a Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle,” Georgia Institute of Technologu, 2006, 41-44.
- Wang, N., Gong, Z., and Zhao, J. , “Cost of Ownership Model of Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle,” Journal of Tongji University 40(5):793-799, 2011.
- He, X., Zhang, X., Wu, Y. et al. , “Using Annual Inspection Data to Analyze the Mileage Distribution of Automotive Vehicle,” Light Industry Science and Technology 33(09):87-89, 2017.
- Xu, H., and Sun, Z. , “Developing Hybrid Electric Vehicle with Urban Bus as Breakthrough,” Shanghai Automotive 9:38-40, 2006.
- Guo, H. , “Research on the Rey Technologies of Green Recycling and Remanufacturing of Scrap Auto Parts,” Master thesis, Chongqing University, 2008.
- Xiu, X. , “Study on Capacity Optimization and Life Cycle Economic Evaluation of Energy Storage System,” Ph.D. thesis, China Agricultural University, 2018.
- Zhang, G. , “Data Analysis and Application of Bus Life Cycle Cost,” Ph.D. thesis, Jilin University, 2018.