This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Electric-Drive to Parallel-Drive Mode Transition Control Strategy for a P2 Hybrid Powertrain
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 22, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: Automotive Technical Papers
Hybrid powertrains have become many original equipment manufacturers (OEMs)’ choice to meet ever-stringent fuel consumption regulations. A P2 powertrain technology is widely adopted by automotive OEMs to reuse existing engines and transmission production capacity and reduce investment. A standalone P2 module of an integrated e-motor with an engine decoupling wet clutch is developed and applied in a transverse-mounted P2 hybrid powertrain system. A P2 hybrid powertrain controller has been developed to test and validate the P2 module and control strategy. This P2 powertrain system with a decoupling clutch capable of slipping control enables the vehicle launch or low-speed drive in engine direct-drive mode. A control algorithm that controls the clutch slipping to transmit the desired cranking torque from P2 e-motor to fast-start the engine during the drive mode change from Electric drive to Parallel drive has been developed and validated. The proposed engine slip-start with clutch pressure control has achieved robust results of a fast and smooth transition from the electric to hybrid mode.
CitationTan, F., Zhang, H., and Yan, E., "An Electric-Drive to Parallel-Drive Mode Transition Control Strategy for a P2 Hybrid Powertrain," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-5099, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-5099.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- Soliman, I., Syed, F., and Yamazaki, M. , “Control of Electric to Parallel Hybrid Drive Transition in a Dual-Drive Hybrid Powertrain,” SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0819, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-0819.
- Zhao, C., Zu, B., Xu, Y., Wang, Z. et al. , “Analysis of a Coordinated Engine-Start Control Strategy for P2 Hybrid Electric Vehicle,” SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-5023, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-5023.
- Yonekawa, A., Ueno, M., Watanabe, O., and Ishikawa, N. , “Development of New Gasoline Engine for ACCORD Plug-in Hybrid,” SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1738, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1738.
- Tan, F., and Yan, E. , “An Efficiency-Based Hybrid Mode Selection Model for A P134 Plug-In Hybrid Powertrain Architecture,” SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-5001, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-5001.
- Smith, A., Bucknor, N., Yang, H., and He, Y. , “Controls Development for Clutch-Assisted Engine Starts in a Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle,” SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0870, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-0870.