This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Running-In Performance Analysis Based on Telematics Data
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 27, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
It is commonly believed that running-in behavior is related to engine reliability and fuel economy. This paper uses a methodology to find the influence of running-in, based on telematics data. In this paper, the key related telematics parameters are identified to assess running-in behaviors through feature analytics with telematics vehicle real-road data. By analyzing these parameters, truck groups subjected to different running-in behaviors are classified to evaluate the relationship between running-in behaviors and fuel economy.
CitationLi, Y., Tang, K., Sun, S., Wang, Y. et al., "Running-In Performance Analysis Based on Telematics Data," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-5012, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-5012.
- Sjöberg , S. On the Running-In of Gears KTH Industrial Engineering and Management 978-91-7415-656-0
- Blau , P.J. Interpretations of the Friction and Wear Break-In Behaviour of Metals in Sliding Contact Wear 71 29 43 1981
- Gavrilov , K. , Goritskiy , Y. , Migal , I. , and Izzatulloev , M. A Numerical Model for Estimation of Service Life of Tribological Systems of the Piston Engine Tribology in Industry 39 3 329 333 2017
- Comfort , A. An Introduction to Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Frictional Losses And Lubricant Properties Affecting Fuel Economy - Part I SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-3225 2003 https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-3225
- Ali , M.K.A. , Xianjun , H. , Turkson , R.F. , and Ezzat , M. An Analytical Study of Tribological Parameters between Piston Ring and Cylinder Liner in Internal Combustion Engines Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part K: Journal of Multi-Body Dynamics Oct. 2015 https://doi.org/10.1177/1464419315605922
- Schneider , E. and Blossfeld , D. Effect of Break-In and Operating Conditions on Piston Ring and Cylinder Bore Wear in Spark-Ignition Engines SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-2917 2004 https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-2917
- Massouros , G. and Dimarogonas , A. Bearing Life Expenditure During Running-In SAE Technical Paper 790892 1979 https://doi.org/10.4271/790892
- Roy Chowdhury , S.K. , Kaliszer , H. , and Rowe , G.W. An Analysis of Changes in Surface Topography during Running-In of Plain Bearings Wear 57 331 343 1979
- Ye , X. , Fu , Y. , Li , W. , Jiang , Y. et al. Study on the Lubrication Performances of Crankshaft Main Bearings in a 16V Marine Diesel Engine SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2423 2017 https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2423
- Petry-Johnson , T.T. , Kahraman , A. , Anderson , N.E. , and Chase , D.R. Experimental Investigation of Spur Gear Efficiency Proceedings of the ASME 2007 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference Las Vegas, NV Sept. 4-7 2007
- Yoshizaki , M. , Naruse , C. , Nemoto , R. , and Haizuka , S. Study on Frictional Loss of Spur Gears (Concerning the influence of Tooth Form, Load, Tooth Surface Roughness, and Lubricating Oil) Tribology Transactions 34 1 138 146 1991