This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Running-In Performance Analysis Based on Telematics Data
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 27, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
It is commonly believed that running-in behavior is related to engine reliability and fuel economy. This paper uses a methodology to find the influence of running-in, based on telematics data. In this paper, the key related telematics parameters are identified to assess running-in behaviors through feature analytics with telematics vehicle real-road data. By analyzing these parameters, truck groups subjected to different running-in behaviors are classified to evaluate the relationship between running-in behaviors and fuel economy.
CitationLi, Y., Tang, K., Sun, S., Wang, Y. et al., "Running-In Performance Analysis Based on Telematics Data," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-5012, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-5012.
- Sjöberg, S. , On the Running-In of Gears (KTH Industrial Engineering and Management). ISBN:978-91-7415-656-0.
- Blau, P.J. , “Interpretations of the Friction and Wear Break-In Behaviour of Metals in Sliding Contact,” Wear 71:29-43, 1981.
- Gavrilov, K., Goritskiy, Y., Migal, I., and Izzatulloev, M. , “A Numerical Model for Estimation of Service Life of Tribological Systems of the Piston Engine,” Tribology in Industry 39(3):329-333, 2017.
- Comfort, A. , “An Introduction to Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Frictional Losses And Lubricant Properties Affecting Fuel Economy - Part I,” SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-3225, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-3225.
- Ali, M.K.A., Xianjun, H., Turkson, R.F., and Ezzat, M. , “An Analytical Study of Tribological Parameters between Piston Ring and Cylinder Liner in Internal Combustion Engines,” Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part K: Journal of Multi-Body Dynamics, Oct. 2015, https://doi.org/10.1177/1464419315605922.
- Schneider, E. and Blossfeld, D. , “Effect of Break-In and Operating Conditions on Piston Ring and Cylinder Bore Wear in Spark-Ignition Engines,” SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-2917, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-2917.
- Massouros, G. and Dimarogonas, A. , “Bearing Life Expenditure During Running-In,” SAE Technical Paper 790892, 1979, https://doi.org/10.4271/790892.
- Roy Chowdhury, S.K., Kaliszer, H., and Rowe, G.W. , “An Analysis of Changes in Surface Topography during Running-In of Plain Bearings,” Wear 57:331-343, 1979.
- Ye, X., Fu, Y., Li, W., Jiang, Y. et al. , “Study on the Lubrication Performances of Crankshaft Main Bearings in a 16V Marine Diesel Engine,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2423, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2423.
- Petry-Johnson, T.T., Kahraman, A., Anderson, N.E., and Chase, D.R. , “Experimental Investigation of Spur Gear Efficiency,” in Proceedings of the ASME 2007 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, Las Vegas, NV, Sept. 4-7, 2007.
- Yoshizaki, M., Naruse, C., Nemoto, R., and Haizuka, S. , “Study on Frictional Loss of Spur Gears (Concerning the influence of Tooth Form, Load, Tooth Surface Roughness, and Lubricating Oil),” Tribology Transactions 34(1):138-146, 1991.