This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Slip Speed and Drive Torque Planning of Multivariable Controller for an Electrified Vehicle with Dual Clutch Transmission
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 15, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Demand for electrified vehicles is increasing due to increased environmental pollution regulations and interest in highly efficient vehicles. According to these demands, research on electrified vehicles equipped with Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) has been actively conducted for the purpose of improving energy efficiency of electrified powertrain, maximizing acceleration performance, and increasing maximum speed. However, since DCT requires clutch to clutch shifting, it is difficult to control drive torque and slip speed using two clutch actuators and a power source input. In order to solve this, a study on a multivariable shift controller has been conducted. However, this study chose a heuristic planning method to control the two outputs. However, since the slip speed and drive torque are coupled, it is necessary to tune the reference for every shift scenario, as well as create unnecessary control inputs or degrade shift control performance. Therefore, this study proposes a reference planning method considering powertrain dynamics. Specifically, by using the powertrain modeling of the electrified vehicle, a reference composed of power source input, slip speed, and drive torque can be constructed while satisfying dynamics. Using the proposed method, the slip speed is uniquely determined when the reduction ratio of the power source torque and the inertia phase time are predetermined. In order to verify the proposed planning method in this paper, an electrified powertrain simulator designed with a multivariable controller was constructed with MATLAB/SIMULINK. Afterwards, the heuristic reference planning method of the previous study and the method proposed in this paper were simulated in a vehicle composed of the same shift controller and powertrain. As a result, not only the reference automatically generated without tuning, but the energy consumption of the clutch actuator is reduced by about 10% in the control result with the same ride quality.
CitationKim, D. and Choi, S., "Slip Speed and Drive Torque Planning of Multivariable Controller for an Electrified Vehicle with Dual Clutch Transmission," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-2243, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-2243.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Zhao , Z.-G. , Chen , H.-J. , Yang , Y.-Y. , and He , L. Torque Coordinating Robust Control of Shifting Process for Dry Dual Clutch Transmission Equipped in a Hybrid Car Vehicle System Dynamics 53 9 1269 1295 2015
- Walker , P. , Zhu , B. , and Zhang , N. Powertrain Dynamics and Control of a Two Speed Dual Clutch Transmission for Electric Vehicles Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 85 1 15 2017
- Hong , S. , Ahn , S. , Kim , B. , Lee , H. et al. Shift Control of a 2-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission for Electric Vehicle 2012 IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference IEEE 2012 1202 1205
- Lei , Z. , Sun , D. , Liu , Y. , Qin , D. et al. Analysis and Coordinated Control of Mode Transition and Shifting for a Full Hybrid Electric Vehicle Based on Dual Clutch Transmissions Mechanism and Machine Theory 114 125 140 2017
- Kim , S. , and Choi , S.B. Cooperative Control of Drive Motor and Clutch for Gear Shift of Hybrid Electric Vehicles with Dual-Clutch Transmission IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics 2020
- Roozegar , M. , and Angeles , J. Gear-Shifting in a Novel Modular Multi-Speed Transmission for Electric Vehicles Using Linear Quadratic Integral Control Mechanism and Machine Theory 128 359 367 2018
- Roozegar , M. , and Angeles , J. The Optimal Gear-Shifting for a Multi-Speed Transmission System for Electric Vehicles Mechanism and Machine Theory 116 1 13 2017
- Alt , B. , Antritter , F. , Svaricek , F. , and Schultalbers , M. Multivariable Speed Synchronisation for a Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle Drivetrain Vehicle System Dynamics 51 3 321 337 2013
- Ren , Q. , Crolla , D. , and Morris , A. Effect of Transmission Design on Electric Vehicle (ev) Performance 2009 IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference IEEE 2009 1260 1265
- Hofman , T. and Dai , C. Energy Efficiency Analysis and Comparison of Transmission Technologies for an Electric Vehicle 2010 IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference IEEE 2010 1 6
- Le , V. , and Safonov , M. Rational Matrix Gcds and the Design of Squaring-Down Compensators—A State-Space Theory IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 37 3 384 392 1992
- Glover , K. , and McFarlane , D. Robust Stabilization of Normalized Coprime factor Plant Descriptions with h/Sub Infinity/-Bounded Uncertainty IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 34 8 821 830 1989