This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Providing of Sliding Bearings Reliability of Transmissions Gear Wheels of Transport Cars by Optimization of Assembly Tolerances
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 15, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In the design of gearboxes and transfer boxes of heavy-duty vehicle`s transmissions, sliding bearings are often used as supports for gear wheels.
Analysis of the results of statistical processing of gearbox parts failures and transfer boxes of wheeled tractors with a pulling force of 30 kN indicates the need to improve the reliability of the sliding bearings of the gear wheels. Such plain bearings ensure free rotation of the gear wheels in case of the torque transmission absence, and when locked by a clutch, the radial load of the gear wheel is sensed, while operating in the slipping rolling mode. Such units are poorly understood and in the technical literature sources there are no recommendations for their engineering, which often leads to errors when selecting operation gaps and press fitted in gear wheels.
The manufacturers of the transmissions assemblies replaced the plain bearings, which in this case are made of metal-ceramic bushes, for roller bearings. Also, the application of the bearing unit with a pair of friction "steel-steel" was introduced. Such changes did not lead to an increase in reliability, and in the first case led to the early appearance of the brinelling on the bearing race. To control the reliability of gear wheel bearings, it is necessary to minimize the maximum stresses in the bearing material that depend on the gap in the bearing and operation conditions, the physical and mechanical properties of the contacting materials, the amount of interference in the "gear-bushing" coupling, the geometry of the gearing and the structural features of the assembly. The cause of bearings failure is plastic deformation of bushes material, that can lead to weakening of the press fitted gear and bearing rotation in the gear. In the future, it can lead to violation of the friction regime, bearing overheating and adhesive wearing. This often causes spontaneous inclusion of the transmission and movement of the vehicle.
With the using of solid-state models of a plain bearing, a shaft and a gear wheel, numerical calculations of their stress-strain state are carried out. The results of bench tests of stress distribution in the bearing material under the influence of various operational factors are presented. The analysis of the obtained results has shown the possibility of increasing the reliability of the bearing assembly by justifying the tolerances for assembling the "bushing-gear" and "shaft-bushing" assemblies. An improved technique for calculating the limiting value of the clearance in a plain bearing is presented, based on the strength conditions and the preservation of the accuracy of the gearing. As a result, recommendations were offered for grouping of the production assembly tolerance for coupling "shaft-bushing" to dimensional groups, which make it possible not to introduce changes in the design of a plain bearing or gear wheel and at the same time ensure the normative values of their failure-free operation.
- Volodymyr Savchuk - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Valeriy Kuhtov - Kharkiv National Technical University
- Igor V. Gritsuk - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Mikhail Podrigalo - Kharkov National Automobile and Highway University
- Vladimir Vychuzhanin - Education & Technology Solutions Inc
- Igor Parsadanov - National Technical University
- Nickolay Bulgakov - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Evgen Belousov - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Roman Vrublevskyi - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Oleksandr Samarin - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Daria Kurnosenko - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Valeriy Verbovskiy - Gas Institute of Nation Academy of Ukraine
CitationSavchuk, V., Kuhtov, V., Gritsuk, I., Podrigalo, M. et al., "Providing of Sliding Bearings Reliability of Transmissions Gear Wheels of Transport Cars by Optimization of Assembly Tolerances," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-2239, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-2239.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
- Voznesensky, V.A., and Dyakov, V.I. , Calculation and Design of Sliding Bearings (Liquid Lubricant): A Handbook (Moscow, 1980), 224.
- Childs, P. , Mechanical Design second Edition (Butterworth Heinemann: Elsevier, 2014).
- Savchuk, V., Bulgakov, N., Kuhtov, V., Simahin, A., et al. , «Providing Reliability of Sliding Bearings for Gearwheels of High-Loaded Transport Vehicles Power Transmissions During Operation» SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0794, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0794.
- Snegovskiy, F.P. , “Achievements and problems of the theory of lubrication machines,” International Journal of Problems of Tribology, Khmelnitsky 2(18):88-92, 2001.
- Snegovsky, F.P. Calculation and design of sliding bearings/F. Snegovsky. - K.: Technique, 1974.
- Mozharovsky, M. , Theory Springs, Plasticity and Strength (Kyiv, 2002), 308.
- Kukhtov, V.G. , “Evaluation of transfer box wearing parts on the performance of the sliding bearing,” V.G. Kukhtov, V.P. Savchuk, M.V. Snitsaruk, News of Kharkov National National Technical University of Petro Vasilenko, 2007, 1, 31-37.
- Volodymyr, S. , Forecasting and ensuring the longevity of the bearings of sliding of automotive transmissions: PhD. Sciences: 05.22.20, 2010.
- Gutz, S.P. , “Maintenance of performance of bearings of sliding of tractor transmissions,” Bulletin of the Academy of Engineering Sciences. 1(35):21-25, 2008.
- Stolarski, T. , Tribology in Machine Design (Butterworth-Heinemann, 1999).
- Abdula, S. , “Experimental testing of bearing supports of a casting,” S. Abdula, V. Kukhtov, V. Savchuk, Techno-technological aspects of development and testing of new technology and technologies for agriculture in Ukraine. 2006, Vol. 2, vip. 9 (23), pp. 175-182.
- Vychuzhanin, V., Rudnichenko, N., Shybaiev, D. et al. , “Cognitive Model of the Internal Combustion Engine,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1738, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1738.
- Bilohub, A. , Analysis of heat transfer coefficients for simulation of the heat exchange between oil and the internal cavity faces of the isolated piston at variable gravity conditions, A. Bilohub, N. Van Duong, F. Sirenko, V. Savchuk, I. Bilousov, R. Symonenko and I. Zajačko, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 776, (2020) 012020. - 2020. URL: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757- 899X/776/1/012020.
- Podrigalo, M., Turenko, A., Bogomolov, V., Klets, D. et al. , “Increase of Stability for Motor Cars in Service Braking,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1880, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1880.
- Klets, D., Gritsuk, I.V., Makovetskyi, A., Bulgakov, N. et al. , “Information Security Risk Management of Vehicles,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0015, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0015.
- Volodarets, M., Gritsuk, I., Chygyryk, N., Belousov, E. et al. , “Optimization of Vehicle Operating Conditions by Using Simulation Modeling Software,” SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0099, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0099.
- Gritsuk, I., Saravas, V., Grytsuk, Y., Bulgakov, M., Volodarets, M., Zinchenko, D. , “Intelligent locomotive decision support system structure development and operation quality assessment,” 2018 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Intelligent Energy and Power Systems, IEPS 2018 (ISBN: 978-153869545-6) - ProceedingsVolume 2018-January, 4 December 2018, № 8559487, Pages 239-2433rd IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Energy and Power Systems, IEPS 2018; Kharkiv; Ukraine; 10 September 2018 - 14 September 2018; №CFP1805X-ART; Код 143494, doi:10.1109/IEPS.2018.8559487.
- Kuric, I., Tlach, V., Ságová, Z., Císar, M., Gritsuk, I. , “Measurement of industrial robot pose repeatability,” MATEC Web of ConferencesVolume 244, 5 December 2018, Номер статьи 010153rd Innovative Technologies in Engineering Production (ISSN: 2261236X), ITEP 2018; Bojnice; Slovakia; 11 September 2018 до 13 September 2018; Код 143364, doi:10.1051/matecconf/201824401015.