This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Synthesis of Fuel Systems Boron-Containing Metalized Fuels for Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
To be published on September 15, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Ensuring the highest efficiency and power trains perfermance of vehicles remains the most important function of their creators. It is currently difficult to deny the fact that there are limited hydrocarbon reserves for fuel production, and these reserves are constantly decreasing. In addition, the specific energy intensity of hydrocarbon fuel is insufficient for the effective operation of power trains of vehicles. Intensive development of promising vehicles caused by the complexity of human activities and the need for simultaneous movement in various alternating environments (movement on land, in water, in airless space). To solve this problem, it is proposed to search for substitutes for hydrocarbon fuels. We have investigated the possibilities of using boron-containing metallized fuels. It was created the test bench for testing, which allows one to study combustion processes with measuring the energy characteristics of the process. Boron-containing fuel was used as the main fuel. The optimal concentration of boron and the most effective metallized modifications, which provide high efficiency of the process of converting chemical energy into heat, have been determined. The bench tests confirmed the correctness of the selected design and technological solutions. Based on experimental studies, parametric optimization of the obtained structural options and the selection of the best option according to the criterion of the combustion process efficiency were performed. Restrictions on the complexity of the structure and weight and size characteristics of the system were taken into account.
- Yuri Dudukalov - Kharkov National Automobile and Highway University
- Mykola Ternyuk - Kharkov National Automobile and Highway University
- Mykhailo Kholodov - Kharkiv National Automobile and Highway University
- Diana Hlushkova - Kharkov National Automobile and Highway University
- Valery Bushnov - Kharkov National Automobile and Highway University
- Volodymyr Sorokin - National Aerospace University
- Yevhen Kalashnikov - National Aerospace University
- Borys Savchenkov - Kharkiv National Automobile and Highway University