This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The System for Adding the Hydrogen-Containing Gas to the Air Charge of the Spark Ignition Engine Using the Thermoelectric Generator
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
To be published on September 15, 2020 by SAE International in United States
The article is devoted to the study of the efficiency of the system that provides the production of the hydrogen-containing gas using the thermoelectric generator and the addition of this gas to the air charge of the spark ignition engine to improve its indicated, effective and environmental performance. The thermoelectric generator is installed in the engine exhaust system and provides the conversion of the exhaust gas thermal energy into electrical energy to power the generator for production of the hydrogen-containing gas. The results of experimental studies of indicated, effective and environmental performance of the engine with the addition of the hydrogen-containing gas in a wide range of operating modes are given. The prediction of fuel economy and environmental performance of the car using the developed system for adding hydrogen-containing gas is carried out on the mathematical model of car motion in the driving cycle.
- Mykola P. Tsiuman - National Transport University
- Vasyl Mateichyk - National Transport University
- Miroslaw Smieszek - Rzeszow University of Technology
- Ivan Sadovnyk - National Transport University
- Roman Artemenko - National Transport University
- Yevheniia Tsiuman - National Transport University
- Igor Gritsuk - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Andrii Koval - National Transport University