This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Automated Diagnostic System for Engine Cylinder-Piston Group
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 15, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The work is aimed at increasing the reliability, accuracy, information content and depth of the process of diagnosing the cylinder-piston engine group.
For this, an automated diagnostic system has been developed, which includes a system unit with a monitor, special software for measuring and processing information, a measuring analog-to-digital module, adapters for connecting to the engine. The diagnostic system allows you to record the change in pressure of the cylinder for every degree of rotation of the crankshaft with an error that does not exceed 1.7%. Measurements are performed in test mode, when the crankshaft of the engine is scrolled with a starter, and strain gauges are screwed in place of spark plugs. The measurement results are presented in the form of diagrams, text and digital values. The system also allows you to save, reproduce and transmit diagnostic information in digital, graphic and text form.
Using the developed diagnostic system, the engines of automobiles of various brands with a compression ratio in 9.5-10.5 units, with an engine capacity of 1.2-2.8 liters, with two, four and five valves for each cylinder were investigated.
In the course of experimental studies, the most common malfunctions were: burnout of the exhaust valve, loose seating of the valve in the seat, deformation of the valve stem, violation of a thermal clearance in the valve mechanism, piston scuffs, cylinder wall scorings, loss of elasticity or breakage of compression rings, deformation and kink of the piston baffles, wear of the cylinder in the top dead center location, wear of the piston rings and piston grooves.
Based on the obtained experimental data, here is established an objective relationship between specific engine malfunctions and diagnostic parameters.
The analysis of pressure changes in the cylinder at each degree of rotation of the crankshaft with help of diagrams allows the diagnostician to evaluate more objectively the technical condition of parts that ensure the tightness of the engine's operating process.
- Igor V. Gritsuk - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Oleksandra Litikova - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Evgen Belousov - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Volodymyr Savchuk - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Oleksandr Samarin - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Maksym Ahieiev - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Roman Vrublevskyi - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Daria Kurnosenko - Kherson State Maritime Academy
- Mykyta Volodarets - Pryazovskyi State Technical University
- Olexii Saraiev - Kharkov Nation Automobile and Highway University
- Iryna Saraieva - Kharkov Nation Automobile and Highway University
- Vladimir Volkov - Kharkov National Automobile and Highway University
CitationSaraiev, O., Saraieva, I., Gritsuk, I., Volkov, V. et al., "Automated Diagnostic System for Engine Cylinder-Piston Group," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-2022, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-2022.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
- Golovan , A. , Rudenko , S. , Gritsuk , I. , Shakhov , A. et al. Improving the Process of Vehicle Units Diagnosis by Applying Harmonic Analysis to the Processing of Discrete Signals SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1774 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1774
- Gritsuk , I. , Volkov , V. , Mateichyk , V. , Grytsuk , Y. et al. Information Model of V2I System of the Vehicle Technical Condition Remote Monitoring and Control in Operation Conditions SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0024 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0024
- Gritsuk , I. , Zenkin E.Y. Bulgakov , N. , Golovan , A. et al. The Complex Application of Monitoring and Express Diagnosing for Searching Failures on Common Rail System Units SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1773 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1773
- 636 640
- 235 241
- 80 83
- 247 251
- 1996 316
- 1996 161
- 2001 236
- 2000 288
- 2000 256
- 2001 272
- 2001 296
- Zarubin , A.G. Device, Service, Repair and Maintenance of Cars BMW 5 Series Arus Publishing House, Vilnius 1996 210
- 2000 224
- 2000 252
- 2000 272
- 2000 272
- Repair Mercedes-Benz 2001 336
- 2000 272
- 2000 370
- Saraєva I. 2017 85 93
- Saraeva I.Yu. 2011 105 110
- Saraeva I.Y. , Tsapko S.S. 2019
- Saraeva I.Y. , Dibrov V.K. 2019
- Klets , D. , Gritsuk , I.V. , Makovetskyi , A. , Bulgakov , N. et al. Information Security Risk Management of Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0015 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0015
- Gritsuk , I.V. , Mateichyk , V. , Tsiuman , M. , Gutarevych , Y. et al. Reducing Harmful Emissions of the Vehicular Engine by Rapid After-Start Heating of the Catalytic Converter Using Thermal Accumulator SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0784 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0784
- Golovan , A. , Gritsuk , I. , Popeliuk , V. , Sherstyuk , O. et al. Features of Mathematical Modeling in the Problems of Determining the Power of a Turbocharged Engine According to the Characteristics of the Turbocharger SAE Int. J. Engines 13 1 2020 10.4271/03-13-01-0001
- Gritsuk , I. , Volkov , V. , Gutarevych , Y. , Mateichyk , V. et al. Improving Engine Pre-Start And After-Start Heating by Using the Combined Heating System SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-8071 2016 https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-8071
- Kuric , I. , Tlach , V. , Ságová , Z. , Císar , M. 10.1051/matecconf/201824401015
- Vychuzhanin , V. , Rudnichenko , N. , Shybaiev , D. et al. Cognitive Model of the Internal Combustion Engine SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1738 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1738
- Podrigalo , M. , Turenko , A. , Bogomolov , V. , Klets , D. et al. Increase of Stability for Motor Cars in Service Braking SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1880 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1880