This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advanced CAE Methods for NVH Development of High-Speed Electric Axle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 30, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: 11th International Styrian Noise, Vibration & Harshness Congress: The European Automotive Noise Conference
The rate in the electrification of vehicles has risen in recent years. With intensified development more and more attention is paid to the noise and vibration in such vehicles especially from the EDU (Electric Drive Unit). In this paper the main NVH simulation process of a high-speed E-axle up to 30,000 rpm for premium class vehicle application is presented. The high speed, high-power density and lightweight design introduces new challenges. Benchmarking of different EDUs and vehicles leads to targets which can be used at the early stage of development as subsystem targets. This paper shows the CAE methodology which can be used to verify the design and guarantee the target achievement. Using CAE both source and structure can be optimized to improve the NVH behavior.
CitationMehrgou, M., Pohn, J., Graf, B., Priestner, C. et al., "Advanced CAE Methods for NVH Development of High-Speed Electric Axle," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-1501, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-1501.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Deiml , M. et al. High Speed Electric Drive Unitfor the Next Generation 13th International Congress and Expo Novi, MI 2019
- Mehrgou , M. , Garcia de Madinabeitia , I. , Graf , B. , Zieher , F. et al. NVH Aspects of Electric Drives-Integration of Electric Machine, Gearbox and Inverter SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1556 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1556
- Mehrgou , M. , Zieher , F. , and Priestner , C. NVH and Acoustics Analysis Solutions for Electric Drives SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1802 2016 https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1802
- Mehrgou , M. , Garcia de Madinabeitia Merino , I. , Pohn , J. , Garmendia Gutierrez , J. et al. Robustness and Variability Prediction of Electric Machine Noise Using CAE Siebenpfeiffer , W. Automotive Acoustics Conference 2019, Proceedings 200 210 2020
- Brunner , M. , Mehrgou , M. , and Bansal , H. Advances in Rattle and Whine Simulation CTI Symposium 2015
- Koegeler , H.M. and Schweiger , C. Gear Noise Reduction for an e-Axle, Gear Noise Reduction for an e-Axle 8th International Symposium on Development Methodology