This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on Correction Algorithm of Head-up Display System in Vehicle Vibration
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The head-up display system can overlay the real object with the projected image to assist the driver in driving. However, when road conditions are bad, the continuous vibration of the vehicle will cause the vehicle to tilt and shift. At this time, the projected image and the real object do not overlap well. This paper presents a correction algorithm for a head-up display system. The algorithm corrects the position of the projected image by inputting the tilt state of the vehicle. In this paper, the coordinate axis with the driver's eye as the origin is first established. Then the tilt state of the vehicle is decomposed into the rotation angle in three directions and the displacement in the vertical direction. Finally, the position of the projected image is corrected by inputting the tilt state of the vehicle so that the projected image can remain on the real object at all times. The simulation model is established in Unity3D. The effectiveness of the correction algorithm is verified by inputting the tilt state of the vehicle. The results show that the projected image can be correctly displayed on the real object under different tilt situations when the initial position of the real object is constant. When the initial position of the real object changes, the projection can also be correctly displayed on the real object in the same tilt state.
CitationKuang, J., Guo, X., Tan, G., Liu, Z. et al., "Research on Correction Algorithm of Head-up Display System in Vehicle Vibration," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-1368, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-1368.
- Zhuo , L. , Xiao , Z. , and Zheng , Y. Design of Vehicle Driving Assistance System Based on AR-HUD Journal of Wuhan University of Technology (Transportation Science & Engineering) 41 06 924 928 2017 10.3963/j.issn.2095-3844.2017.06.007
- Hu , Y. 2012
- Buddhan , A.R. , Eswaran , S.P. , Buddhan , D.M.E. et al. Even Driven Multimodal Augmented Reality Based Command and Control Systems for Mining Industry Procedia Computer Science 151 965 970 2019 10.1016/j.procs.2019.04.135
- Gaowei , O. , Haibo , J. , Jing , Z. et al. Design of Augmented Reality Head-Up Display System Based on Double Free-Form Reflectors Automobile Applied Technology 16 70 73 2019 10.16638/j.cnki.1671-7988.2019.16.026
- Liu , Y. and Wen , M. Comparison of Head-Up Display (HUD) vs. Head-Down Display (HDD): Driving Performance of Commercial Vehicle Operators in Taiwan International Journal of Human-Computer Studies 61 5 679 697 2004 10.1016/j.ijhcs.2004.06.002
- Beck , D. and Park , W. Perceived Importance of Automotive HUD Information Items: A Study with Experienced HUD Users IEEE Access 6 21901 21909 2018 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2828615
- Hwang , Y. , Park , B. , and Kim , K. The Effects of Augmented-Reality Head-Up Display System Usage on Drivers? Risk Perception and Psychological Change ETRI Journal 38 4 757 766 2016 10.4218/etrij.16.0115.0770
- Haipeng , F. and He , W. Research on the Structure of the Combiner HUD Automobile Applied Technology 17 137 138 2019 10.16638/j.cnki.1671-7988.2019.17.049
- Coni , P. , BARDON , J. , and Servantie , X. A 3D Full Windshield Head Up Display SAE Int. J. Aerosp. 10 2 92 99 2017 https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2156
- Abdi , L. , Abdallah , F.B. , and Meddeb , A. In-Vehicle Augmented Reality Traffic Information System: A New Type of Communication between Driver and Vehicle Procedia Computer Science 73 242 249 2015 10.1016/j.procs.2015.12.024
- Pfannmüller , L. , Kramer , M. , Senner , B. et al. A Comparison of Display Concepts for a Navigation System in an Automotive Contact Analog Head-up Display Procedia Manufacturing 3 2722 2729 2015 10.1016/j.promfg.2015.07.678
- Park , H.S. In-Vehicle AR-HUD System to Provide Driving-Safety Information ETRI Journal 35 6 1038 1047 2013 10.4218/etrij.13.2013.0041
- Zhen , A. , Xu , X. , Yang , J. et al. Research of AR-HUD System Based on Image Semantic Segmentation Acta Optica Sinica 1-13 2018
- An , Z. , Xu , X. , Yang , J. et al. A Real-Time Three-Dimensional Tracking and Registration Method in the AR-HUD System IEEE Access 6 43749 43757 2018 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2864224
- Hasegawa , T. , Sumiyosi , Y. , Hayashi , Y. et al. Position Correction against Vehicle Vibration for Augmented Reality on Head-up Display SID Symposium Digest of Technical Papers 50 1 1404 1407 2019 10.1002/sdtp.13200
- Unity3D (Version 2019.1.9f1) 2019