This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Multi-Zone HVAC Development and Validation with Integrated Heated/Vented Seat Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Vehicle multi-zone automatic Heating, Venting and Air Conditioning (HVAC) is the advanced form of the traditional air conditioning. The advantage of multi-zone automatic HVAC is that it allows the passengers of a vehicle to set a desired temperature for their own zone within the vehicle compartment. This desired temperature is then maintained by the HVAC system, which determines how best to control the available environment data to provide optimal comfort for the passengers.
To achieve overall thermal comfort of the occupants in a vehicle, multi-zone HVAC takes things a step further by adding heated steering wheel and heated/vented seats to the overall HVAC control strategy. The heating and cooling of the occupants by this integrated system is performed by complex control algorithms in form of embedded software programs and Private LIN network.
This paper describes the approach and tools used to develop, simulate and validate the multi-zone integrated climate control system. Included are: 1- introduction of an integrated HVAC, heated steering wheel and heated/vented seats technology, 2- Concept of using newly developed Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) simulation as a tool for performance validation, 3- verification and validation of the integrated control strategies and embedded software functionality
CitationMaghaireh, M. and Hoppe, M., "Multi-Zone HVAC Development and Validation with Integrated Heated/Vented Seat Control," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-1247, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-1247.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Enisz , K. , Fodor , D. , Szalay , I. , and Kovacs , L. Reconfigurable Real-Time Hardware-in-the-Loop Environment for Automotive Electronic Control Unit Testing and Verification IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Magazine 1094 6969 2014
- Guo , Q. and Liu , B. Simulation and Physical Measurement of Seamless Passenger Airbag Door Deployment SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0082 2012 https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0082
- Shruthi , T.S. and Mufeeda , K.H.N. Using VT System for Automated Testing of ECU IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE) 18 3 28 31 May-June 2016
- Enisz , K. , Toth , P. , Fodor , D. , and Kulcsar , T. Vehicle Dynamics Based ABS ECU Testing on a Real-Time HIL Simulator Hungarian Journal of Industrial Chemistry Veszprem 39 1 7 62 2011
- Mouzakitis , A. , Copp , D. , Parker , R. , and Burnham , K. Hardware in-the-Loop System for Testing Automotive ECU Diagnostic Software Measurement + Control 42/8 October 2009 www.instmc.org.uk