This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on AEB Collision Avoidance Strategy Based on Characteristics of Driver-Vehicle-Road
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
With the rise of intelligent transportation systems around the world, research on automobile active safety technology has gained widespread attention. Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) which can avoid or mitigate collision by active braking has become a hot research topic in the field of automobile. However, there are some limitations in the present AEB collision avoidance strategy, including lack of effective identification of road adhesion conditions, mismatch of active braking system parameters and imperfection of target vehicle motion information, which leads to poor collision avoidance performance on low adhesion coefficient road surface and intervention with the normal driving operation of the driver. A new collision avoidance strategy for AEB is proposed in this paper. Firstly, a new safe distance collision avoidance model is established based on the peak adhesion coefficient in real time, the performance parameters of the active braking system and the motion information of the target vehicle. Secondly, under the premise of not interfering with the driver's normal collision avoidance operation, an AEB collision avoidance strategy that can balance vehicle safety and intervention comfort is proposed. Finally, the C-NCAP scenario test is carried out on the hardware-in-loop test environment. The results show that the AEB collision avoidance strategy proposed in this paper can actively adjust the braking moment according to the current road surface attachment condition. The collision avoidance can be achieved in the most test scenarios, and the minimum distance between the self-vehicle and the target vehicle is less than 1.5 meter. In the few test scenarios, the collision can also occur at a relative speed lower than 4.2 km/h, which satisfies the active avoidance of the vehicle.
CitationHe, R. and Zhang, D., "Research on AEB Collision Avoidance Strategy Based on Characteristics of Driver-Vehicle-Road," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-1213, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-1213.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
- Hamid , U.Z.A. , Zakuan , F.R.A. , Zulkepli , K.A. , et al. Autonomous Emergency Braking System with Potential Field Risk Assessment for Frontal Collision Mitigation IEEE Conference on Systems, Process and Control Melaka 2017 71 76
- Lee , I.H. , Luan , B.C. Design of Autonomous Emergency Braking System Based on Impedance Control for 3-Car Driving Scenario SAE 2016 World Congress and Exhibition 2016 1453 1459
- Dhan , J. , Heo , O. , Park , M. et al. Vehicle Distance Estimation Using a Mono-Camera for FCW/AEB Systems International Journal of Automotive Technology 17 3 483 491 2016
- Kunkel , S. , Zimmer , T. , and Wachtmeister , G. Friction Analysis of Oil Control Rings during Running-In SAE Int. J. Engines 5 3 747 758 2012 https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-2428
- Nyamati , V. Chaudhuri , T. Jayavel , K. Intelligent Collision Avoidance and Safety Warning System for Car Driving IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Control Systems Madurai 2017 791 796
- Kim , H. , Shin , K. , Chang , I. et al. Autonomous Emergency Braking Considering Road Slope and Friction Coefficient International Journal of Automotive Technology 19 6 1013 1022 2018
- Rongqiang , G. Jian , F. Junyi , L. Based on Binocular Identification Technology of Automobile Active Braking Safety Distance Model Research International Symposium on Computer IEEE 2016 355 357
- Han , I.C. , Luan , B.C. , Hsieh , F.C. Development of Autonomous Emergency Braking Control System Based on Road Friction IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering Taiwan, Taipei 2014 933 937
- Doi , A. , Butsuen , T. , Niibe , T. et al. Development of a Rear-End Collision Avoidance System with Automatic Brake Control JSAE Review 15 4 335 340 1994
- Kusano , K.D. and Hampton , G. Method for Estimating Time to Collision at Braking in Real-World, Lead Vehicle Stopped Rear-End Crashes for Use in Pre-Crash System Design SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars-Mechanical Systems 4 1 435 443 2011
- Denis , N. , Dubios , M.R. , Dube , R. et al. Blended Power Management Strategy Using Pattern Recognition for a Plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicle International Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems Research 14 2 101 114 2016
- Lin , L. , Jin-Peng , H. , Wei-guo , L. et al. Threat Assessment Algorithm Based on Characteristic of Driver Emergency Braking Behavior Journal of Tongji University (Natural Science) 42 01 109 114 2014