This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of CVT Element Vibration by In-Situ Measurement
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
When the belt contacts a pulley in a pushing belt-type CVT, vibration is generated by frictional force due to rubbing between the individual elements that are components of the belt, which is said to increase wear and noise. The authors speculated that the source of that vibration is misalignment of the secondary pulley and primary pulley V-surfaces. To verify that phenomenon, a newly developed micro data logger was attached to an element of a mass-produced metal pushing V-belt CVT and the acceleration was measured at rotations equal to those at drive (1000 to 2500 r/m). In addition, the results of calculations using a behavior analysis model showed that changes in pulley misalignment influence element vibration, and that the magnitude of the vibration is correlated to the change in the metal pushing V-belt alignment immediately before the element contacts the pulley.
CitationMatsumoto, K., Koga, H., Saito, T., and Mihara, Y., "Analysis of CVT Element Vibration by In-Situ Measurement," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0906, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0906.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Graham , J. , Claxton , L. , O'Neil , J. , Otto , D. et al. Automobile Emissions: Primary Health Effects Concerns SAE Technical Paper 840908 1984 https://doi.org/10.4271/840908
- Macher , G. , Messnarz , R. , Armengaud , E. , Riel , A. et al. Integrated Safety and Security Development in the Automotive Domain SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1661 2017 https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1661
- Sharma , H. Cost Controlling Methodology: Design to Cost SAE Technical Paper 2019-26-0077 2019 https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-26-0077
- Makita , F. Present Status and Future of Continuously Variable Transmissions JSAE 42 1 47 52 1988
- Saito , T. and Okano , T. Application of Metal Pushing V-Belt Stress Simulation with CVT Pulley Stiffness Honda R&D Technical Review 14 1 191 196 Feb. 2002
- Saito , T. and Miyamoto , K. Development of Simulation Technique for Element Stress Prediction of Metal Pushing V-Belt Honda R&D Technical Review 17 2 96 102 Sep. 2005
- Saito , T. Simulation of Stress on Elements of Metal Pushing V-Belt for CVT under Transient Operating Conditions Honda R&D Technical Review 19 2 110 116 Sep. 2007
- Lebrecht , W. , Pfeiffer , F. , and Ulbrich , H. Analysis of Self-Induced Vibrations in a Pushing V-Belt CVT SAE Technical Paper 04CVT-32 2004
- Saito , T. , Okano , T. Application of Metal Pushing V-Belt Stress Simulation with CVT Pulley Stiffness 2002 ABAQUS User’s Conference 2002
- Saito , T. and Miyamoto , K. Study of Self-Induced Vibration in an Operating Metal Pushing V-Belt CVT SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0309 2012 https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0309