This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of an Air Support System for Long-Distance Drive Comfort
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Passenger fatigue during long distance driving is greatly influenced by the comfort performance of the seat. Seat comfort performance is determined by the appropriate contour of the seat and the appropriate pad with sufficient thickness. The height of vehicle has been lowered to enhance car styling, and battery for electric vehicle applied to the underbody of the vehicle, reducing the package space of the seat in the vehicle. These external factors eventually lead to a reduced pad thickness of the seat cushion and compromise one of the important components in the seat cushion compartment, creating an uncomfortable cushioning problem when driving long distances. To improve the cushion composition of the seat within a limited package, air bladders are applied to the underside of the cushion pad. In addition, the function to support the buttocks using the air bladders of the lower cushion, similar to lumbar support for the back, was implemented to improve cushion comfort performance. In addition, a system was developed to reduce fatigue through improved blood flow during long-distance driving by implementing stretching mode. This Air support system was designed, developed, tested and applied.
CitationJeong, D., Na, S., Park, S., Kim, S. et al., "Development of an Air Support System for Long-Distance Drive Comfort," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0868, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0868.
- Nam , K.S. , Dongwoo , J. , and Sangdo , P.
- Ziolek , S.A. Method for Subjective Long Term Seat Comfort Evaluation SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0461 2014 https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0461
- Kim , S.H. , Hwang , S.H. , Lee , K.N. , Pyun , J.K. , Choi , H.Y. , Kim , K.M. , Sah , S. , and Montmayeur , N. 2007
- Choi , H.Y. , Sah , S. , Na , S. , Montmayeur , N. , and Marca , C. 2006
- Montmayeur , N. , Marca , C. , Choi , H.Y. , Sah , S. 2005
- Montmayeur , N. , Haug , E. , Marca , C. , Choi , H.Y. , and Sah , S. 2004