This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Multi-Objective Optimization of Response Characteristics for High Power Common Rail Injector
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
High pressure common rail system (HRCRS) is regarded as the most promising fuel injection system. As the key element of the HPCRS, the performance of the electronically controlled common rail injector (ECCRI) determines the working ability of the diesel engines. Excellent response characteristic is an important guarantee for the ECCRI to realize ideal injection rate, which means a lot to the combustion quality for the diesel engines. In an effort to investigate the response characteristics of the ECCRI, a simulation model for high power ECCRI was presented in this article. And 8 crucial structural parameters about the response characteristics were selected as the research factors. Based on Central Composite Design of Experiment and Response Surface Method, the prediction models between the opening response time (ORT) and the closing response time (CRT) of the ECCRI and the crucial parameters were established. And the optimization solution sets (Pareto frontier) of the ORT and the CRT were obtained through Genetic Algorithm. The point which is closest to the origin on the Pareto frontier were considered as the best result. The calculation results under the best structure parameters show that the ORT of the ECCRI is increased by just 1.42%, but the CRT of the ECCRI is reduced by 27.27%. As a result, the total response time is reduced by 19.90%. The response characteristics of the ECCRI are improved apparently after optimization. The results of this article have theoretical guiding significance for the optimal design of ECCRI.
CitationLan, Q., Bai, Y., Fan, L., Xu, J. et al., "Multi-Objective Optimization of Response Characteristics for High Power Common Rail Injector," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0833, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0833.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- Peng, J., Ma, M., Weizhi, W., Bai, F. et al. , “Characteristics of Rail Pressure Fluctuations under Two-Injection Conditions and the Control Strategy Based on ANN,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2212, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2212.
- Han, D., Li, K., Duan, Y., Lin, H. et al. , “Numerical Study on Fuel Physical Effects on the Split Injection Processes on a Common Rail Injection System,” Energy Convers Manage 134:47-58, 2017, doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2016.12.026.
- Srichai, P., Chollacoop, N., Chareonphonphanich, C., Tongroon, M. et al. , “Injection Pressure Characteristics of Palm Methyl Ester and Diesel in Solenoid Injector under Common-Rail System,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1729, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1729.
- Payri, R., De la Morena, J., Pagano, V., Hussain, A. et al. , “One-Dimensional Modeling of the Interaction between Close-Coupled Injection Events for a Ballistic Solenoid Injector,” Int J Engine Res 20(4):452-469, 2019, doi:10.1177/1468087418760973.
- Agarwal, A.K. and Rajamanoharan, K. , “Experimental Investigations of Performance and Emissions of Karanja Oil and Its Blends in a Single Cylinder Agricultural Diesel Engine,” Appl Energy 86(1):106-112, 2009, doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2008.04.008.
- Wang, C., Li, G.-X., Sun, Z.-Y., Wang, L. et al. , “Effects of Structure Parameters on Flow and Cavitation Characteristics within Control Valve of Fuel Injector for Modern Diesel Engine,” Energy Convers Manage 124:104-115, 2016, doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2016.07.004.
- Salvador, F.J., Martínez-Lopez, J., Caballer, M., and De Alfonso, C. , “Study of the Influence of the Needle Lift on the Internal Flow and Cavitation Phenomenon in Diesel Injector Nozzles by CFD Using RANS Methods,” Energy Convers Manage 66:246-256, 2013, doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2012.10.011.
- Finesso, R. and Spessa, E. , “A Control-Oriented Approach to Estimate the Injected Fuel Mass on the Basis of the Measured In-Cylinder Pressure in Multiple Injection Diesel Engines,” Energy Convers Manage 105:54-70, 2015, doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2015.07.053.
- Jia, X., Sun, B., Wu, D., Xu, D. et al. , “Analysis on the Influence of Key Parameters of Control Valve on the Performance Characteristics of Electromagnetic Injector,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2310, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2310.
- Molina, S., Salvador, F.J., Carreres, M., and Jaramillo, D. , “A Computational Investigation on the Influence of the Use of Elliptical Orifices on the Inner Nozzle Flow and Cavitation Development in Diesel Injector Nozzles,” Energy Convers Manage 79:114-127, 2014, doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2013.12.015.
- Han, D., Zhai, J., Duan, Y., Wang, C. et al. , “Nozzle Effects on the Injection Characteristics of Diesel and Gasoline Blends on a Common Rail System,” Energy 153:223-230, doi:10.1016/j.energy.2018.04.039.
- Feng, Y., Wang, J., Ma, F., Su, T. et al. , “Study on the Sensitivity of the Hydraulic Response Characteristics of the Electronic Fuel Injector Regarding the Key Structural Parameters,” Adv Mech Eng 11(1):1-10, 2019, doi:10.1177/1687814018822590.
- Hung, N.B. and Lim, O. , “Improvement of Electromagnetic Force and Dynamic Response of a Solenoid Injector Based on the Effects of Key Parameters,” Int J Auto Tec, 2019, doi:10.1007/s12239-019-0089-5.
- Ferrari, A., Paolicelli, F., and Pizzo, P. , “The New-Generation of Solenoid Injectors Equipped with Pressure-Balanced Pilot Valves for Energy Saving and Dynamic Response Improvement,” Appl Energy 151:367-376, 2015, doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2015.03.074.
- Zhao, J., Yue, P., Grekhov, L., and Ma, X. , “Hold Current Effects on the Power Losses of High-Speed Solenoid Valve for Common-Rail Injector,” Appl Therm Eng 128:1579-1587, 2018, doi:10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2017.09.123.
- Hu, N., Yang, J., Zhou, P., and Hu, Y. , “Study of the Impact of Structural Parameters on the Dynamic Response of an Electronic Fuel Injector,” Energy Convers Manage 136:202-219, 2017, doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2017.01.015.
- Prinz, K., Kemmetmüller, W., and Kugi, A. , “Mathematical Modelling of a Diesel Common-Rail System,” Math Comput Model Dyn Syst 21(4):311-335, 2015, doi:10.1080/13873954.2014.968590.
- Qian, D. and Liao, R. , “Theoretical Analysis and Mathematical Modeling of a High-Pressure Pump in the Common Rail Injection System for Diesel Engines,” Proc Inst Mech Eng Part A-J Power Energy 229(1):60-72, 2015, doi:10.1177/0957650914539677.
- Bai, Y., Fan, L., Ma, X., Song, E. et al. , “Investigation on the Fuel Injection Quantity Fluctuation of a Common-Rail Fuel Injection System Using Response Surface Methodology,” Proc IMechE Part D: J Automobile Engineering 230(9):1208-1220, 2016, doi:10.1177/0954407015604312.