This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation of Curved Road Collision Prevention Warning System of Automobile Based on V2X
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The high popularity of automobiles has led to frequent collisions. According to the latest statistics of the United Nations, about 1.25 million people worldwide die from road traffic accidents each year. In order to improve the safety of vehicles in driving, the active safety system has become a research hotspot of various car companies and research institutions around the world. Among them, the more mature and popular active security system are Forward Collision Warning(FCW) and Autonomous Emergency Braking(AEB). However, the current active safety system is based on traditional sensors such as radar and camera. Therefore, the system itself has many limitations due to the shortage of traditional sensors. Compared to traditional sensors, Vehicle to Everything (V2X) technology has the advantages of richer vehicle parameter information, no perceived blind spots, dynamic prediction of dangerous vehicle status, and no occlusion restriction. In order to overcome the many shortcomings of the existing anti-collision warning system and strategy, this paper proposes a curved road collision prevention warning strategy based on V2X technology. Through V2X technology, the state information released by the neighboring car and the road environment information issued by the roadside unit are obtained. Using the above information and the state information of the vehicle, the relative positional relationship between the car and the neighboring car is dynamically predicted in real time, and then a two-degree-of-freedom dynamic collision time model and a two-degree-of-freedom collision time threshold model are proposed and designed. Finally, based on the output parameters of the above model, a two-degree-of-freedom curved road collision prevention warning system of automobile based on V2X technology is proposed, and a layered early warning mechanism is established. Through the PreScan environment, the typical working conditions and early warning strategy models are built by Matlab & Simulink, and the simulation of the early warning strategy is completed.
CitationLi, X., Wu, J., He, R., Zhu, B. et al., "Simulation of Curved Road Collision Prevention Warning System of Automobile Based on V2X," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0707, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0707.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- WHO , “Global Status Report on Road Safety 2015,” https://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/road_safety_status/2015/en/.
- Lusetti, B., Nouveliere, L., Glaser, S., and Mammar, S. , “Experimental Strategy for a System Based Curve Warning System for a Safe Governed Speed of a Vehicle,” in 2008 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, IEEE, Eindhoven, Netherlands, 2008, 660-665, 978-1-4244-2568-6, doi:10.1109/IVS.2008.4621319.
- Ulke, W., Adomat, R., Butscher, K., and Lauer, W. , “Radar Based Automotive Obstacle Detection System,” SAE Technical Paper 940904, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/940904.
- EURO NCAP ADVANCED REWARD 2010-Honda Collision Mitigation Brake System [EB/OL], http://www.euroncap.com/en/ratings-rewards/euro-ncap-advanced-rewards/2011-volkswagen-city-emergency-brake/.
- Petrovai, A., Danescu, R.-G., Negru, M., Vancea, C.-C., and Nedevschi, S. , “A Stereovision Based Rear-End Collision Warning System on Mobile Devices,” in 2016 IEEE 12th International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing (ICCP), IEEE, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 2016, 285-292, 978-1-5090-3899-2doi:10.1109/ICCP.2016.7737161.
- Jaber, N., Cassidy, W.G., Tepe, K.E., and Abdel-Raheem, E. , “Passive Cooperative Collision Warning (PCCW) MAC Designs for Reliable Vehicular Safety Messaging,” Vehicular Communications 2(2):95-109, 2015, doi:10.1016/j.vehcom.2015.03.003.
- Minderhoud, M.M. and Bovy, P.H.L. , “Extended Time-to-Collision Measures for Road Traffic Safety Assessment,” Accident Analysis & Prevention 33(1):89-97, 2001, doi:10.1016/S0001-4575(00)00019-1.
- Wang, J., Yan, X., Nie, S., and Li, X. , “Research on Intelligent Vehicle Collision Warning Model Based on Intervehicle Communication,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering 2013:1-7, 2013, doi:10.1155/2013/208603.
- Lin, Chiu-Feng, Ulsoy, A.G., and LeBlanc, D.J. , “Vehicle Dynamics and External Disturbance Estimation for Vehicle Path Prediction,” IEEE Trans. Contr. Syst. Technol. 8(3):508-518, 2000, doi:10.1109/87.845881.
- Cho, H., Kim, G.-E., and Kim, B.-W. , “Usability Analysis of Collision Avoidance System in Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication Environment,” Journal of Applied Mathematics 1-10, 2014, doi:10.1155/2014/951214.
- Fritsch, F.N. and Carlson, R.E. , “Monotone Piecewise Cubic Interpolation,” SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 17(2):238-246, 1980, doi:10.1137/0717021.