This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of the Rig and Hardware-in-the-Loop Test Bench for Evaluating Steering Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The development of vehicles faces changes in many future flows. The vehicle’s power transfer systems are being changed from conventional types to Hybrid, Electric and Hydrogen vehicles. At this moment, the technology of EPS (Electric Power Steering) system has been expanding from a simple torque assist system to LKAS(Lane Keeping Assist System), PAP(Park Assist Pilot), ALCAS(Active Lane Change System), ADAS(Advanced Driver Assistance System). A good test bench is necessary for the evaluation of both hardware and control logics of EPS in these complexities of development process. Simultaneous Rig and HILS tests can be performed to check that the steering hardware system can perform to the concept of the development vehicle and develop EPS control logic performances. The hardware performance of the steering system might be evaluated based on measured friction and stiffness, taking into account various driving conditions. And the control logic of the EPS can be evaluated based on the response capability and steering torque measured through the appropriate vehicle model which could represent virtual driving conditions.
CitationKim, C., Lee, B., and Park, Y., "Development of the Rig and Hardware-in-the-Loop Test Bench for Evaluating Steering Performance," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0647, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0647.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
- Tomoya , T. The Validity of EPS Control System Development Using HILS SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0008 2010 https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-0008
- Masahi , T. Development of Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation System for Steering Evaluation Using Multibody Kinematic Analysis SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0086 2014 https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0086
- Dexin , W. EPAS System Tests Using Rack Force Models SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1544 2016 https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1544
- Pfeffer Interaction of Vehicle and Steering System Regarding on-Center Handing Vehicle System Dynamics 2008
- IPG Reference Manual, Steering System, Steering System Pfeffer Carmaker 7 1 1