This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of Basic Directions of Accelerated Testing Development
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper provides the author’s analysis of accelerated testing development. It considers four basic directions related to this development, specifically: 1) field accelerated testing; 2) laboratory testing using computer (software) simulation; 3) laboratory or proving ground testing with physical simulation of high stress inputs; 4) accelerated reliability/durability testing (ART/ADT) as a necessary component of a system that leads to successful prediction of product efficiency.
CitationKlyatis, L., "Analysis of Basic Directions of Accelerated Testing Development," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0533, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0533.
- Klyatis, L.M. , Accelerated Reliability and Durability Testing Technology (Wiley, 2012).
- Honda Civic Fleet and Accelerated Reliability Testing - July 2005.INL/EXT 06-01262, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Department of Energy.
- Birch, S. , “24 Million KM of Testing for Mercedes C-Class,” Automotive Engineering, Apr. 2007.
- “LMS Supports Ford Otosan in Developing Accelerated Durability Testing Cycles,” http://www.lmsintl.com/LMS-Ford-Otosan-developing accelerated durability testing cycles.
- Mezger, S. and Deng, M. , “Efficient Functional Testing of Flight Attendant Panels,” Aerospace Testing International, ShowCase, 2018.
- Dynamic Research, Inc. (DRI).
- “The Promise of Virtual Testing,” MTS System, Inc.
- Reilly, T. , “Satellite and Spacecraft Vibration Testing Control,” Aerospace Testing International, SnowCase, 2018.
- Fatemi, S.Z., Guerin, F., and Saintis, L. , “Development of Optimal Accelerated Test Plan,” in RAMS Proceedings, 2012.
- Horiba, MIRA, Vehicle Durability Testing.
- Pradeep, L., Pecht, M.G., and Hakim, E. , Influence of Temperature on Microelectronics (CRC Press, 1997).
- Hobbs, G.K. , Accelerated Reliability Engineering: HALT and HASS (Wiley, 2000).
- Klyatis, L. , Successful Prediction of Product Performance: Quality, Reliability, Durability, Safety, Maintainability, Life-Cycle Cost, Profit, and Other Components (Warrendale, PA: SAE International, 2016).