This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamic-Static Optimization Design with Uncertain Parameters for Lift Arm of Parking Robot
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
There are a large number of uncertainties in engineering design, and the accumulated uncertainties will enlarge the overall failure probability of the structure system. Therefore, structural design considering uncertainties has good guiding significance for improving the reliability of engineering structures. To address this issue, the dynamic-static structural topology optimization is established and reliability-based topology optimization with decoupling format is conducted in this study. The design point which satisfying the constraint of the target reliability indicator is obtained according to the reliability indicators of the first-order reliability method, and the uncertain design variables are modified into a deterministic variable according to the sensitivity information. What's more, the reliability-based topology optimization is performed by dividing the problem into two independent sub-problems of reliability analysis and equivalent deterministic topology optimization, and the feasibility of the reliability-based optimization method is verified with the lift arm of parking robot. To meet the dynamic-static performances and lightweight requirements of the lift arm of parking robot, the multi-objective topology optimization model of the lift arm is established by the combined compliance method. The results show that compared with deterministic topology optimization, reliability-based topology optimization with decoupling format can obtain a higher reliable optimization configuration, and meet the design requirements on high reliability and safety. This study offers a feasible route for dynamic and static multi-objective optimization of lift arm considering uncertain factors.
CitationXu, X., Chen, X., Liu, Z., Xu, Y. et al., "Dynamic-Static Optimization Design with Uncertain Parameters for Lift Arm of Parking Robot," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0511, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0511.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- Liu, J. and Wen, G. , “Continuum Topology Optimization Considering Uncertainties in Load Locations Based on the Cloud Model,” Engineering Optimization 1-20, 2017, doi:10.1080/0305215X.2017.1361417.
- Gao, Y., Xu, Y., Wu, C., and Fang, J. , “Topology Optimization of Metal and Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) Structures under Loading Uncertainties,” SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0709, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0709.
- Zhao, Q., Chen, X., Ma, Z. et al. , “Reliability-Based Topology Optimization Using Stochastic Response Surface Method with Sparse Grid Design,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2015, doi:10.1155/2015/487686.
- Du, X. and Chen, W. , “Sequential Optimization and Reliability Assessment Method for Efficient Probabilistic Design,” Journal of Mechanical Design 126(2):871-880, 2003, doi:10.1115/DETC2002/DAC-34127.
- Royset, J. and Polak, E. , “Reliability-Based Optimal Design Using Sample Average Approximations,” Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics 19(4):331-343, 2004, doi:10.1016/j.probengmech.2004.03.001.
- Youn, B. and Choi, K. , “A New Response Surface Methodology for Reliability-Based Design Optimization,” Computers & Structures 82(2-3):241-256, 2004, doi:10.1016/j.compstruc.2003.09.002.
- Zhuang, X. and Pan, R. , “A Sequential Sampling Strategy to Improve Reliability-Based Design Optimization with Implicit Constraint Functions,” Journal of Mechanical Design, 2012, doi:10.1115/1.4005597.
- Huang, Z., Jiang, C., Zhou, Y. et al. , “Reliability-Based Design Optimization for Problems with Interval Distribution Parameters,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization 55(2):513-528, 2017, doi:10.1007/s00158-016-1505-3.
- Yang, R. and Gu, L. , “Experience with Approximate Reliability-Based Optimization Methods,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization 26(1-2):152-159, 2004, doi:10.1007/s00158-003-0319-2.
- Kharmanda, G., Olhoff, N., Mohamed, A. et al. , “Reliability-Based Topology Optimization,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization 26(5):295-307, 2004, doi:10.1007/s00158-003-0322-7.
- Bobby, S., Suksuwan, A., Spence, S. et al. , “Reliability-Based Topology Optimization of Uncertain Building Systems Subject to Stochastic Excitation,” Structural Safety 66:1-16, 2017, doi:10.1016/j.strusafe.2017.01.005.
- Maute, K. and Frangopol, D. , “Reliability-Based Design of MEMS Mechanisms by Topology Optimization,” Computers & Structures 81(8-11):813-824, 2003, doi:10.1016/s0045-7949(03)00008-7.
- Silva, M., Tortorelli, D., Norato, J. et al. , “Component and System Reliability-Based Topology Optimization Using a Single-Loop Method,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization 41(1):87-106, 2010, doi:10.1007/s00158-009-0401-5.
- Zhang, Y., Xu, X., Sun, G. et al. , “Nondeterministic Optimization of Tapered Sandwich Column for Crashworthiness,” Thin-walled Structures 122:193-207, 2018, doi:10.1016/j.tws.2017.09.028.
- Cestino, E., Frulla, G., Duella, R. et al. , “Application of Structural Topology Optimization to Couple Thin-Walled Stiffened Box-Beams,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2059, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2059.
- Hongwei, Z., Xiaokai, C., and Yi, L. , “Topology Optimization of Hybrid Electric Vehicle Frame Using Multi-Loading Cases Optimization,” SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1734, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-1734.
- Nguyen, T.H., Song, J., and Paulino, G.H. , “Single-Loop System Reliability-Based Topology Optimization Considering Statistical Dependence between Limit-States,” Structural & Multidisciplinary Optimization 44(5):593-611, 2011, doi:10.1007/s00158-011-0669-0.