This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An FxLMS Controller for Active Control Engine Mount with Experimental Secondary Path Identification
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Active engine mounts (AEMs) notably contribute to ensuring superior performance of vehicle’s noise, vibration, and harshness. This paper incorporates a filtered-x-least-mean-squares (FxLMS) controller into the active control engine mount system to attenuate the transmitted force to the body. To avoid the error caused by substituting the load cell for acceleration transducer, the FIR model of the secondary path was obtained by experiment. Finally, a hardware-in-the-loop testing system is built to verify the performance of the active engine mount. It can be observed from the test results that the vibration is reduced notably after control, which demonstrates the effectiveness of the active engine mount and the controller in vibration attenuation.
CitationGuo, R., Zhou, Z., and Chen, H., "An FxLMS Controller for Active Control Engine Mount with Experimental Secondary Path Identification," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0424, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0424.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Akanda , A. and Adulla , C. Application of Evolutionary Computation in Automotive Powertrain Mount Tuning Shock & Vibration 13 2 85 102 2006
- Khameneifar , F. , Arzanpour , S. , and Moallem , M. Piezo-Actuated Active Decoupler Hydraulic Engine Mount ASME 2010 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition 2010 195 200
- Yoshiharu , N. et al. Development of an Active Control Engine Mount System Vehicle System Dynamics 32 2-3 185 198 1999
- Ushijima , T. 1993
- Morgan , D.R. History, Applications, and Subsequent Development of the FXLMS Algorithm [DSP History] IEEE Signal Processing Magazine 30 3 172 176 2013
- Guo , R. , Wei , X.K. , and Gao , J. Extended Filtered-x-Least-Mean-Squares Algorithm for an Active Control Engine Mount Based on Acceleration Error Signal Advances in Mechanical Engineering 9 9 2017
- Hausberg , F. et al. Combination of Map-Based and Adaptive Feedforward Control Algorithms for Active Engine Mounts Journal of Vibration & Control 2016
- Matsuoka , H. , Mikasa , T. , and Nemoto , H. NV Countermeasure Technology for a Cylinder-on-Demand Engine - Development of Active Control Engine Mount SAE 2004 World Congress & Exhibition 2004 181 186
- Guo , R. , Wei , X.K. , and Gao , J. An Improved PID Controller Based on Particle Swarm Optimization for Active Control Engine Mount WCX™ 17: SAE World Congress Experience 2017
- Hausberg , F. et al. Experimental and Analytical Study of Secondary Path Variations in Active Engine Mounts Journal of Sound & Vibration 340 22 38 2015