This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Active and Passive Control of Torsional Vibration in Vehicle Hybrid Powertrain System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The vibration characteristics of hybrid vehicles are very different from that of traditional fuel vehicles. In this paper, the active and passive control schemes are used to inhibit the vibration issues in vehicle hybrid powertrain system. Firstly the torsional vibration mechanical model including engine, motor and planetary gear subsystems is established. Then the transient vibration responses of typical working condition are analyzed through power control strategy. Consequently the active and passive control of torsional vibration in hybrid powertrain system is proposed. The active control of the motor and generator torque is designed and the vehicle longitudinal vibration is reduced. The vibration of the planetary gear system is ameliorated with passive control method by adding torsional vibration absorbers to power units. The vibration characteristics in vehicle hybrid powertrain system are effectively improved through the active and passive control.
CitationZhang, L., Zhang, S., Meng, D., and Xu, J., "Active and Passive Control of Torsional Vibration in Vehicle Hybrid Powertrain System," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0408, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0408.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
- Liang, R. , “Research on Torsional Vibration of Electric Vehicle's Powertrain System,” Tongji University, Shanghai, 2008.
- Xiong, J. , “Analysis and Control of Noise and Vibration of Hybrid Electric Vehicles,” Noise and Vibration Control 05:96-100, 2009.
- Zhao, T. and Lu, B. , “NVH Control Technology of Hybrid Electric Vehicle,” Journal of Jilin University 06:1373-1377, 2012.
- Ma, X. and Luo, K. , “Modeling and Analysis of Torsional Vibration on Engine-Generator System of Hybrid Electric Vehicle,” in Proceedings of SAE-China Congress 2014: Selected Papers, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2015, 59-70.
- Han, B. , “Torsional Vibration Analysis and Stiffness Matching of Power Split Hybrid Transmission System,” Journal of Agricultural Machinery 42(6):12-16, 2011.
- Zhang, Z. , “Analysis of Torsional Vibration Characteristics of Combined Power Train,” Automotive Engineering 37(5):544-548, 2015.
- Zhang, D. , “Analysis and Control of Torsional Vibration in HEV,” Drive System Technique 28(4):3-8, 2014.
- Zhang, C. , “Research and Experiment on Torsional Vibration of Automotive Transmission System,” Southwest Jiaotong University, Sichuan, 2011.
- Wang, S. and Zhang, C. , “Natural Mode Analysis of Planetary Gear Trains,” China Mechanical Engineering 16(16):1461-1465, 2005.
- Zhang, B. , Internal Combustion Engine Dynamics (Beijing: National Defense Industry Press, 2009).
- Yoshioka, T. and Sugita, H. , “Noise and Vibration Reduction Technology in Hybrid Vehicle Development,” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1415, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1415.
- Komada, M. and Yoshioka, T. , “Noise and Vibration Reduction Technology in new Generation Hybrid Vehicle Development,” SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2294, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2294.
- C, L. , “Research and Simulation Analysis of Torsional Vibration Characteristics of Double Mass Flywheel,” Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, 2008.
- Ding, Y. , “Research on Characteristics and Parameter Analysis of Torsional Vibration Damper of Automobile Friction Clutch,” Changchun University of Science and Technology, Jilin, 2009.
- Min, D. , “Performance Optimization and Design Software Implementation of Dual Mass Flywheel,” Jilin University, Jilin, 2012.
- Moriya, K., Ito, Y., Inaguma, Y., and Sato, E. , “Design of the Surge Control Method for the Electric Vehicle Powertrain,” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1935, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1935.
- Griffin, M. and Whitham, E.M. , “Discomfort Produced by Impulsive Whole-Body Vibration,” The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 68(5):1277-128, 1980.