This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Exmani-Heat Protector to Improve Sound Absorption Using New Perforated Thin Aluminum Plate
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper discusses a technology for reducing the gas flow noise generated from the noise of the vehicle, especially the exhaust system. The primary function of the heat protector is thermal shutdown. However, due to the increase in engine power, downsizing of engines, and the rise of consumer's eye level, solutions about noise are now emphasized. To meet these needs, a new concept of heat protector manufacturing technology is required. A key component of this technology is the manufacturing technology of three-ply composite board which can absorb sound from the existing sound insulation aluminum heat protector. For this purpose, mold technology for punching aluminum sheet, optimization technique for punching effect, specific pattern design for high-strength/high-forming, sound absorbing material selection and composite sheet molding technology, and noise vibration reduction mounting technology for plate joining were developed.
CitationSim, J., Kim, M., and Yoon, K., "Development of Exmani-Heat Protector to Improve Sound Absorption Using New Perforated Thin Aluminum Plate," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0405, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0405.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Bravo , T. , Maury , C. , and Pinhède , C. Absorption and Transmission of Boundary Layer Noise Through Flexible Multi-Layer Micro-Perforated Structures Journal of Sound and Vibration 395 201 223 2017
- Vitkauskaite , G. and Grubliauskas , R. Perforated Sound-Absorbing Constructions Acoustic Performance Test and Noise Modeling Energy Procedia 147 288 294 2018
- Carbajo , J. , Ramis , J. , Godinho , L. , and Amado-Mendes , P. “Perforated Panel Absorbers with Micro-Perforated Partitions”, Microstructure and Tensile Properties of Thixoformed A356 Alloy Applied Acoustics 149 108 113 2019
- Ning , J.F. , Ren , S.W. , and Zhao , G.P. Acoustic Properties of Micro-Perforated Panel Absorber Having Arbitrary Cross-Sectional Perforations Applied Acoustics 111 135 142 2016
- Zhao , D. , Ang , L. , and Ji , C.Z. Numerical and Experimental Investigation of the Acoustic Damping Effect of Single-Layer Perforated Liners with Joint Bias-Grazing Flow Journal of Sound and Vibration 342 152 167 2015