This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Characteristics of Transient NOx Emissions of HEV under Real Road Driving
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
To meet the request of China National 6b emission regulations which will be officially implemented in China, firstly including the RDE emission test limits, the transient emissions on real road condition are paid more attention. A non-plug-in hybrid light-duty gasoline vehicles (HEV) sold in the Chinese market was selected to study real road emissions employed fast response NOx analyzer from Cambustion Ltd. with a sampling frequency of 100Hz, which can measure the missing NO peaks by standard RDE gas analyzer now. Emissions from PEMS were also recorded and compared with the results from fast response NOx analyzer. The concentration of NOx emissions before and after the Three Way Catalyst (TWC) of the hybrid vehicle were also sampled and analyzed, and the working efficiency of the TWC in real road driving process was investigated. It is found that when the engine is at high-speed and heavy-load conditions, especially when fuel is injected after fuel cut, instantaneous spikes in tailpipe NO emissions could be observed, which means that traffic positions such as crosswalks, speed bumps, expressway entrances, traffic lights, would lead to higher NOx emissions, because the instantaneous fuel cut-off occurs during the acceleration shifting process, the TWC is in an oxygen-rich state. Obvious transient effects were revealed and the results could be used for further reducing NOx emissions from automotive RDE and engine calibration of RDE.
- Yonghao Zhang - Tongji University
- Jun Deng - Tongji University
- Qiang Li - Cambustion, Ltd.
- Yintong Liu - Chongqing Changan Automobile Co., Ltd.
- Bo He - Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group Corp.
- Zongjie Hu - Tongji University
- Shi Bo - Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group Corp.
- Liguang Li - Tongji University
CitationZhang, Y., Deng, J., Li, Q., Liu, Y. et al., "Characteristics of Transient NOx Emissions of HEV under Real Road Driving," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0380, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0380.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
- Jun , S. and Zhiguo , Z. Research on the Difference between “CHINA 5” and “CHINA 6” Emissions Regulations of Gasoline Automobile Engineering 13 03 18 21 2017
- Johnson , T. Vehicular Emissions in Review SAE Int. J. Engines 7 3 1207 1227 2014 10.4271/2014-01-1491
- May , J. , Bosteels , D. , and Favre , C. An Assessment of Emissions from Light-Duty Vehicles Using PEMS and Chassis Dynamometer Testing SAE Int. J. Engines 7 3 2014 10.4271/2014-01-1581
- Pathak , S.K. , Sood , V. , Singh , Y. , and Channiwala , S.A. Real World Vehicle Emissions: Their Correlation with Driving Parameters Transportation Research Part D 44 2016
- Merkisz , J. , Pielecha , J. , Bielaczyc , P. , and Woodburn , J. Analysis of Emission Factors in RDE Tests as Well as in NEDC and WLTC Chassis Dynamometer Tests SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0980 2016 https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0980
- Weiss , M. , Bonnel , P. , Kühlwein , J. et al. Will Euro 6 Reduce the NO x , Emissions of New Diesel Cars? -Insights from on-Road Tests with Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS) Atmosph Envir 62 15 657 665 2012
- Irwin , M. , Bradley , H. , Duckhouse , M. , Hammond , M. , and Peckham , M.S. High Spatio-Temporal Resolution Pollutant Measurements of On-Board Vehicle Emissions Using Ultra-Fast Response Gas Analyzers Atmos. Meas. Tech. 11 3559 3567 2018 https://doi.org/10.5194/amt-11-3559-2018
- Duckhouse , M.P.G. , Peckham , M. , Bradley , H. , Irwin , M. et al. On Board Fast Measurement of Vehicle NO x Emissions SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0646 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0646
- Rodríquez , J.F. 2016-06