This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Low-Cost Electromagnetic Shielding Materials Based on Polypyrrole-Bio Waste Composites
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
There is a crucial need for Electromagnetic interference shielding in many of the applications in this digital world with low cost and high efficient shielding materials. Electrically conducting heterocyclic polymer polypyrrole has found its application as EMI shielding materials due to its conducting property. Electrically conducting polypyrrole (PPy) coated on coconut fibres (coir) with different morphology, were prepared through in-situ chemical polymerization of PPy using a strong oxidizing agent like ammonium persulfate. The synthesized PPy on coconut fibre were characterized using UV- Visible spectrophotometer (UV-VIS) and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) which confirmed the product formation. The morphology was done using Scanning electron Microscopy (SEM). Thermal studies were performed by Thermo Gravimetric analysis (TGA). The AC conductivity of the obtained material was calculated successfully.
CitationRathina Selvi, S., Krishnaswamy, S., Panigrahi, P., and Nagarajan, G., "Low-Cost Electromagnetic Shielding Materials Based on Polypyrrole-Bio Waste Composites," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0226, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0226.
- Redlarski , G. , Lewczuk , B. et al. 2015 doi.org/10.1155/2015/234098
- Srimathi , V. , Sudarkodi et al. 2018 doi.org/10.1007/s00289-018-2650-1
- Sowmya , Deshmukh , K. , Basheer Ahameda , M. , Khadheer Pashab , S.K. 2008 doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesa.2018.08.006
- Gahlout , P.
- Stejskal , J. , Trchova , M. , Brodinova , J. , and Sapurina , I. 2005 10.1002/app.21240
- Sapurina , I. , Kazantseva , N.E. , Ryvkina , N.G. , Prokes , J. , Ha , P.S. , and Stejskal , J. 2004
- Babayan , V. , Kazantseva , N.E. , Ka , R.M. , Stejskal , J. 2017 10.1007/s10570-017-1357-z
- Khare , S. , Deogaonkar , S.C. , and Savadekar , N. 2015 10.14504/ajr.2.1.2
- Guo , J. , Haixiang , Liu , H. , Ren , Y. 2017 10.1039/c7tc01502j
- Bober , P. , Stejskal , J. , Trchova , M. , Martinkova , T. et al. 2015 10.1016/j.apsusc.2015.08.105
- Wang , Kong , X.Y. , Ding , Y. , Gao , P. et al. Semiconducting and Piezoelectric Oxide Nanostructures Induced by Polar Surfaces Adv Func Mater 14 943 956
- Jayamurgan , P. , Ponnuswamy , V. , Ashokan , S. , and Mahalingam , T. The Effect of Dopant on Structural, Thermal, and Morphological Properties of DBSA-Doped Polypyrrole Iran Polym J 22 219 225
- Navale , S.T. , Mane , A.T. , Ghanwat , A.A. , Mulik , A.R. , and Patil , V.B. Camphor Sulfonic acid (CSA) Doped Polypyrrole (PPy) Films: Measurement of Microstructural and Optoelectronic Properties Measurement 50 363 369
- Arora , K. , Chaubey , A. , Singhal , R. , Singh , R.P. et al. Application of Electrochemically Prepared Polypyrrole-Polyvinyl Sulphonate Films to DNA Biosensor Biosens Bioelectron 21 1777 1783
- Wang , G. and Kang , E.T. Comparative Study of Chemically Synthesized and Plasma Polymerized Pyrrole and Thiophene Thin Films Thin Solid Films 446 205 217