This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Vehicle Validation for Pressure Estimation Algorithms of Decoupled EHB Based on Actuator Characteristics and Vehicle Dynamics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Recently, electro-hydraulic brake systems (EHB) has been developed to take place of the vacuum booster, having the advantage of faster pressure build-up and continuous pressure regulation. In contrast to the vacuum booster, the pressure estimation for EHB is worth to be studied due to its abundant resource (i.e. electric motor) and cost-effective benefit. This work improves an interconnected pressure estimation algorithm (IPEA) based on actuator characteristics by introducing the vehicle dynamics and validates it via vehicle tests. Considering the previous IPEA as the prior pressure estimation, the wheel speed feedback is used for modification via a proportional-integral (PI) observer. Superior to the IPEA based on actuator characteristics, the proposed PEA improves the accuracy by more than 20% under the mismatch of pressure-position relation. Most importantly, this study realized a high-precision and robust pressure estimation with built-in sensors, which provides a high cost-effective solution for pressure modulation of decoupled motor-driven-type EHB.
CitationHan, W., Xiong, L., Yu, Z., and Xu, S., "Vehicle Validation for Pressure Estimation Algorithms of Decoupled EHB Based on Actuator Characteristics and Vehicle Dynamics," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0210, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0210.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 7]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 8]|
- Xiong, L., Yu, Z., and Han, W. , “An Integrated Electro-Hydraulic Brake System,” Reimagining New Energy Vehicles: Research Innovations at Tongji University, Dec 22, 2017 (article reuse guidelines: www.sciencemag.org/collections/reimagining-new-energy-vehicles-research-innovations-tongji-university).
- Kreutz, S. and Lingg, M. , “Ideal Regeneration with Electromechanical Brake Booster (eBKV) in Volkswagen e-up! and Porsche 918 Spyder,” in 5th International Munich Chassis Symposium 2014, Pfeffer, P., Ed., Munich, Germany, June 24-25, Springer Vieweg, Wiesbaden, Germany, 2014, 549-558.
- Ohtani, Y., Innami, T., Obata, T., Yamaguchi, T. et al. , “Development of an Electrically-Driven Intelligent Brake Unit,” SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0572, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-0572.
- Feigel, H. , “Integrated Brake System without Compromises in Functionality,” ATZ Worldwide 114(7-8):46-50, 2012.
- ZF Corp ., “Integrated Brake Control (IBC),” [Online], available at: https://www.zf.com/products/en/cars/products_31680.html.
- Todeschini, F., Corno, M., Panzani, G., and Savaresi, S.M. , “Adaptive Position-Pressure Control of a Brake by Wire Actuator for Sport Motorcycles,” European Journal of Control 2(20):79-86, 2014.
- Yu, Z., Xu, S., Xiong, L., and Han, W. , “An Integrated-Electro-Hydraulic Brake System for Active Safety,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1640, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1640.
- Liu, H., He, R., Deng, W., Yang, S. et al. , “Research on a Novel Electro-Hydraulic Brake System and Pressure Control Strategy,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0764, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0764.
- Xiong, L., Yuan, B., Guang, X., and Xu, S. , “Analysis and Design of Dual-Motor Electro-Hydraulic Brake System,” SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2532, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2532.
- Yang, X., Li, J., Miao, H., and Shi, Z. , “Hydraulic Pressure Control and Parameter Optimization of Integrated Electro-Hydraulic Brake System,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2516, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2516.
- Xiong, Z., Pei, X., Guo, X., and Zhang, C. , “Model-Based Pressure Control for an Electro Hydraulic Brake System on RCP Test Environment,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1954, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1954.
- Wang, Z., Yu, L., Wang, Y., You, C. et al. , “Prototype of Distributed Electro-Hydraulic Braking System and Its Fail-Safe Control Strategy,” SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2066, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-2066.
- Yong, J., Gao, F., Ding, N., and He, Y. , “Pressure-Tracking Control of a Novel Electro-Hydraulic Braking System Considering Friction Compensation,” J. Cent. South Univ. 24:1909-1921, 2017.
- Han, W., Xiong, L., and Yu, Z. , “Pressure Estimation Algorithms in Decoupled Electro-Hydraulic Brake System Considering the Friction and Pressure-Position Relation,” SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0438, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0438.
- Han, W., Xiong, L., and Yu, Z. , “Braking Pressure Control in Electro-Hydraulic Brake System Based on Pressure Estimation with Nonlinearities and Uncertainties,” Mechanical System and Signal Processing 131:703-727, 2019.
- Hirano, Y., Eiraku, A., Soejima, S. et al. , “Braking Force Control System for Motor Vehicle,” U.S. Patent 5577812, November 26, 1996.
- Lohner, H., Dominke, P., Cao, C. et al. , “Method and Device for Determining the Pressure in Brake Systems,” U.S. Patent 6446490, September 10, 2002.
- Li, Q., Beyer, K., and Zheng, Q. , “A Model-Based Brake Pressure Estimation Strategy for Traction Control System,” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-0595, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-0595.
- O’Dea, K. , “Anti-Lock Braking Performance and Hydraulic Brake Pressure Estimation,” SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1061, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-1061.
- Zhao, X., Li, L., Song, J., Li, C., and Gao, X. , “Linear Control of Switching Valve in Vehicle Hydraulic Control Unit Based on Sensorless Solenoid Position Estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 63(7):4073-4085, 2016.
- Jiang, G., Miao, X., Wang, Y., Chen, J. et al. , “Real-Time Estimation of the Pressure in the Wheel Cylinder with a Hydraulic Control Unit in the Vehicle Braking Control System Based on the Extended Kalman Filter,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers，Part D:Journal of Automobile Engineering 231(10):1340-1352, 2016.
- Imamura, M. , “Brake Pressure Estimating Apparatus and Method,” US Patent, US7066559B2, Jun. 27, 2006.
- Ding, N., Yu, G., and Wang, W. , “Estimation of Brake Pressure and Tyre-Road Friction During ABS Activation,” Int. J. Vehicle Design 58(1), 2012.
- Han, W., Xiong, L., and Yu, Z.P. , “A Novel Pressure Control Strategy of an Electro-Hydraulic Brake System via Fusion of Control Signals,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers， Part D: Journal of Automotive Engineering, online press, 2019 (first published online: Jan. 22, 2019, [May. 9, 2019], https://doi.org/10.1177/0954407018821016.
- Li, L., Wang, F.-Y., and Zhou, Q. , “Integrated Longitudinal and Lateral Tire/Road Friction Modeling and Monitoring for Vehicle Motion Control,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 7(1):1-19, Mar. 2006.
- McIntyre, M., Ghotikar, T., Vahidi, A., Song, X., and Dawson, D. , “A Two-Stage Lyapunov-Based Estimator for Estimation of Vehicle Mass and Road Grade,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 58(7):3177-3185, Sep. 2009.
- Guo, H., Yin, Z., Cao, D., Chen, H., and Lv, C. , “A Review of Estimation for Vehicle Tire-Road Interactions Toward Automated Driving,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems 49(1):14-30, Jan. 2019.
- Mitschke, M. and Wallentowitz, H. , Dynamik der Kraftfahrzeuge (Springer, Germany: VDI-Buch, 2004).