This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on Topology Analysis Method of Static Magnetic Network Model of New High Speed Electromagnetic Actuator
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In this paper, based on the design of composite magnetic circuit, a new type of high-speed electromagnetic actuator (NHSEMA) with permanent magnetic was invented, which has the characteristics of low power consumption, strong electromagnetic force and high response. Those characteristics were systematically and deeply studied by means of theoretical analysis, numerical simulation and experiment. The magnetic network topology method was proposed to subdivide the structure of the NHSEMA, and construct the static characteristics simulation model of NHSEMA, with taking into account the magnetic flux leakage and edge flux of the system. The accuracy of simulation model of the NHSEMA was verified by set up the test platform. The error is about 3.1%, which proves that the model can achieve both calculation accuracy and speed. The static electromagnetic characteristics, energy conversion and magnetic flux distribution of NHSEMA were studied by using magnetic network topology simulation model. The research shows that compared with the traditional high-speed electromagnetic actuator (THSEMA), the electromagnetic force of NHSEMA is increased by about 30% under the same current driving. Meanwhile, the Joule heat of the coil can be lowered by 50%, and the energy loss of the actuator and the saturation degree of the iron core can be effectively decreased.
CitationWei, Y., Fan, L., Liu, P., Bai, Y. et al., "Research on Topology Analysis Method of Static Magnetic Network Model of New High Speed Electromagnetic Actuator," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0202, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0202.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Verschaeren, R., Schaepdryver, W., Serruys, T., Bastiaen, M. et al. , “Experimental Study of NOx Reduction on a Medium Speed Heavy Duty Diesel Engine by the Application of EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) and Miller Timing,” Energy 76:614-621, 2014.
- Yang, B., Xi, C., Wei, X., Zeng, K., and Lai, M.-C. , “Parametric Investigation of Natural Gas Port Injection and Diesel Pilot Injection on the Combustion and Emissions of a Turbocharged Common Rail Dual-Fuel Engine at Low Load,” Applied Energy 143:130-137, 2015.
- Payri, R., Salvador, F.J., Gimeno, J., and De la Morena, J. , “Influence of Injector Technology on Injection and Combustion Development - Part 1: Hydraulic Characterization,” Applied Energy 88(4):1068-1074, 2011.
- Payri, R., Salvador, F.J., Gimeno, J., and De la Morena, J. , “Influence of Injector Technology on Injection and Combustion Development - Part 2: Combustion Analysis,” Applied Energy 88(4):1130-1139, 2011.
- Ferrari, A., Paolicelli, F., and Pizzo, P. , “The New-Generation of Solenoid Injectors Equipped with Pressure-Balanced Pilot Valves for Energy Saving and Dynamic Response Improvement,” Applied Energy 151:367-376, 2015.
- Sun, Z.-Y., Li, G.-X., Yu, Y.-S., Gao, S.-C., and Gao, G.-X. , “Numerical Investigation on Transient Flow and Cavitation Characteristic within Nozzle during the Oil Drainage Process for a High-Pressure Common-Rail DI Diesel Engine,” Energy Conversion and Management 98:507-517, 2015.
- Wang, L., Li, G.-X., Xu, C.-L., Xi, X. et al. , “Effect of Characteristic Parameters on the Magnetic Properties of Solenoid Valve for High-Pressure Common Rail Diesel Engine,” Energy Conversion and Management 127:656-666, 2016.
- Cheng, Q., Zhang, Z., and Xie, N. , “Power Losses and Dynamic Response Analysis of Ultra-High Speed Solenoid Injector within Different Driven Strategies,” Applied Thermal Engineering 91:611-621, 2015.
- Jahirul, M.I., Masjuki, H.H., Saidur, R., Kalam, M.A. et al. , “Comparative Engine Performance and Emission Analysis of CNG and Gasoline in a Retrofitted Car Engine,” Applied Thermal Engineering 30:2219-2226, 2010.
- Kim, J. and Chang, J. , “A New Electromagnetic Linear Actuator for Quick Latching,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 43(4):1849-1852, 2007.
- Man, J., Ding, F., Li, Q., and Da, J. , “Novel High-Speed Electromagnetic Actuator with Permanent-Magnet Shielding for High-Pressure Applications,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 46(12):4030-4033, 2010.
- Wu, D., Xie, X., and Zhou, S. , “Design of a Normal Stress Electromagnetic Fast Linear Actuator,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 46(4):1007-1014, 2010.
- Heim, K. , “The Wartsila Low-Speed Engine Programme for Today’s and Future Requirements,” CIMAC, 2010, Bergen.
- Senghaas, C., Schneider, H., and Reinhard, S. , “Second Generation of HFO Injection System for Medium Speed Engines to Fulfill Future Requirements,” in CIMAC, China, 2013.
- Coppo, M., Negri, C., Heim, K. , Advanced HFO Common Rail Injector for Maximising the Performance of Medium Speed Engines,” in CIMAC, China, 2013.
- Cheng, Q., Zhang, Z.D., Guo, H., and Xie, N.L. , “Improved Processing and Performance of GDI Injector Based on Metal Injection Molding Technology,” International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics 44(1):99-114, 2014.
- Guo, H., Wang, Y., and Wen, Q. , “Investigation on Comprehensive Performance of the EFI by MIM Technology,” International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics 42(4):579-588, 2013.
- Wang, Q., Yang, F., Yang, Q., Chen, J., and Guan, H. , “Experimental Analysis of New High-Speed Powerful Digital Solenoid Valves,” Energy Conversion and Management 52(5):2309-2313, 2011.
- Lim, S., Min, S., Izui, K., and Nishiwaki, S. , “Design Optimization of a Magnetic Actuator Incorporating the Concept of the Hybrid Analysis Method,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 53(6):1-4, 2017.
- Wu, S., Zhao, X., Li, C., Jiao, Z., and Qu, F. , “Multiobjective Optimization of a Hollow Plunger Type Solenoid for High Speed on/off Valve,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 65(4):3115-3124, 2018.
- Zhao, J., Yue, P., Grekhov, L., and Ma, X. , “Hold Current Effects on the Power Losses of High-Speed Solenoid Valve for Common-Rail Injector,” Applied Thermal Engineering 128:1579-1587, 2018.
- Zhao, J., Wang, M., Wang, Z., Grekhov, L. et al. , “Different Boost Voltage Effects on the Dynamic Response and Energy Losses of High-Speed Solenoid Valves,” Applied Thermal Engineering 123:1494-1503, 2017.
- Peng, L. , “Design and Characteristics Research of High Speed Electromagnetic Valve with Composite Magnetic Circuit for Electronic Fuel Injection System,” Harbin Engineering University, 2018.