This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Test Method for the SAE J3138 Automotive Cyber Security Standard
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper will provide an Overview of Automotive Cyber Security Standards related to the Vehicle OBD-II Data Link. The OBD-II Connector Attack Tree is described with respect to the SAE J3138 requirements for Intrusive vs. non-Intrusive Services. A proposed test method for SAE J3138 is described including hardware and software scripting. Finally, example test results are reviewed and compared with a potential threat boundary.
CitationZachos, M. and Subke, P., "Test Method for the SAE J3138 Automotive Cyber Security Standard," SAE Technical Paper 2020-01-0142, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0142.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
- Hilkene , L. Cybersecurity Panel: How Would You Prevent This Breach? SAE COMVEC 2019
- “TMC RP1210 Application Programming Interface.”
- “SAE J3138 Diagnostic Link Connector Security.”
- “SAE J1979 E/E Diagnostic Test Modes.”
- “SAE J3101 Requirements for Hardware-Protected Security for Ground Vehicle Applications (WIP).”
- “SAE J1939-91 SAE J1939 Network Security (WIP).”
- “SAE J3005 Permanently or Semi-Permanently Installed Diagnostic Communication Devices.”
- “SAE J3061 Cybersecurity Guidebook for Cyber-Physical Vehicle Systems.”
- “ISO/SAE 21434 Cybersecurity Engineering (WIP).”
- DG Technologies - Beacon User Guide.
- DG Technologies
- Zachos , M. Securing J1939 Communications Using Strong Encryption with FIPS 140-2 SAE 2017-01-0020
- Subke , P. , Moshref , M. , Vach , A. , and Steffelbauer , M. Measures to Prevent Unauthorized Access to the In-Vehicle E/E System, Due to the Security Vulnerability of a Remote Diagnostic Tester SAE Int. J. Passenger Cars - Electron. Electr. Syst. 10 2 2017 10.4271/2017-01-1689
- Subke , P. and Moshref , M. Improvement of the Resilience of a Cyber-Physical Remote Diagnostic Communication System against Cyber Attacks SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0112 2019 10.4271/2019-01-0112
- Subke , P. Diagnostic Communication with Road-Vehicles and Non-Road Mobile Machinery SAE International 2019 978-0-7680-9367-4