This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Customer Profile Identification and correlation between the customer damage and durability tests
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 13, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Vehicle durability is related to its long-term performance. In order to assess the vehicle, subsystems and components expected life, those are subjected to extreme conditions to identify possible issues, detecting its causes and consequences, in order to reach a desired standard of excellence in the future.
In the context, durability tests have been facing new challenges: Not only Vehicle development cycles have been reduced, but also there is a strong demand for weight reduction. Therefore, increasing the assertiveness of test parameters is a key factor in achieving these two demands.
The present study aims to develop a method that allows the correlation between the durability tests and the customer use profile. Thus, it will be possible to determine a durability target aligned to the actual damage load which the vehicles are subjected, setting the test severity level to represent the customer demand.
CitationPassos, F., Maduro, F., Coura, I., and Braga, M., "Customer Profile Identification and correlation between the customer damage and durability tests," SAE Technical Paper 2019-36-0189, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-36-0189.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Akça S. , Demir S. , Pennington I. and Ataman O. , Engine Durability Test Cycle for Heavy-Duty Engines ASME. Engineering Systems Design and Analysis, ASME 2010 10th Biennial Conference on Engineering Systems Design and Analysis 4 555 563 10.1115/ESDA2010-25174
- Ricardo , L. C. H. , Modelamento do fenômeno de abertura e fechamento de trincas em fadiga pelo método dos elementos finitos Tese de Doutorado, Escola Politécnica, Universidade de São Paulo, São Paulo 10.11606/T.3.2003.tde-16122003-173903
- Benson , R. and Sadhneni , R. , Fatigue Based Damage Analysis with Correlation to Customer Duty Cycle Using Design Reliability and Confidence SAE Technical Papers 2010-01-0200 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0200
- Haq , S. , Lee , Y. , Larsen , J. L. , Frinkle , M. , et al. Reliability-based Test Track Schedule Development for a Vehicle Suspension System SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1653 2007 10.4271/2007-01-1653
- Panse , S. and Gosavi , S. , Integrated Structural Durability Test Cycle Development for a Car and its Components SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1654 2004 10.4271/2004-01-1654
- Gosavi , S. and Chavan , G. , Development of Customer Correlated and Accelerated Driveline Durability Test Cycle SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0412 2009 10.4271/2009-01-0412