This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Engine component development based on the application of non-parametric topology optimization
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 13, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Topology optimization plays an important role to reach the goal of creating parts within the desired compromise of cost, time and quality. Its use reduces recursions and gives a better understanding of the product in order to design reliable and lightweight components that comply with validation criteria. This present paper explores a non-parametric topology optimization case study applied to the development of a plastic fuel rail, focusing on evaluating its dynamic response based on commercial optimization software. Results have shown that natural frequencies target could be achieved with less recursions in comparison to usual development methods without topology optimization.
Citationde Souza Almeida, R., Ferreira, A., and Bissolatti, M., "Engine component development based on the application of non-parametric topology optimization," SAE Technical Paper 2019-36-0097, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-36-0097.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Kevin Hoag , Brian Dondlinger Vehicular Engine Design Springer 2nd Edition 2016
- rd 2012
- bosch-mobility-solutions.com.br https://www.bosch-mobility-solutions.com.br/br/
- Daniel J. Inmar Engineering Vibration Pearson 4th Edition 2014
- X. Huang , Y. M. Xie Evolutionary Topology Optimization of Continuum Structures Wiley 1st Edition 2010
- Heitor Nigro Lopes , Renato Pavanello , Jahir Mahfoud Topology Optimization for the Maximization of Frequency Separation Margin MECSOL 2017 10.26678/ABCM.MecSol2017.MSL17-0145
- Sonja Ertel , Klaus Schittkowski , Christian Zillober Sequential Convex Programming Methods for Free Material Optimization 2007
- Qin Ni , Chistian Zillober , Klaus Schittkowski Sequential Convex Programming Methods for Solving Large Topology Optimization Problems: Implementation and Computational Results Journal of Computational Mathematics 23 5 491 502 2005