This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study for Higher Efficiency and Lower Emissions in Turbo Charged Small Gas Engine Using Low Caloric Biomass Model Gas
Published January 24, 2020 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In recent years, depletion of energy resources and increasing CO2 emission have been concerned. As this solution, the use of biofuels from garbage is focused. In this research, higher efficiency and lower emissions in the gas engine for power generation using biomass gas are aimed. However, the biomass gas is low caloric value and the output is low and the combustion is unstable. Therefore, a turbocharged spark ignition gas engine is used as the test institution. As a result, it is found that combustion stability and high efficiency of biomass gas can be realized.
CitationShiomi, K., Kato, R., Matsumura, E., Senda, J. et al., "Study for Higher Efficiency and Lower Emissions in Turbo Charged Small Gas Engine Using Low Caloric Biomass Model Gas," SAE Technical Paper 2019-32-0620, 2020.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 7]|
- Fujita, M. , (2005) The challenge for biomass energy Summary of utilization of biomass, Environmental technology, vol.35, No.3, pp162-163
- Wakizaka, H., Hara, A., Fukushima, Y., Noda, Y., Nakazono, T. (2010), Study of Dual Fuel Engine for Low Calorie Biomass Gas, SAE Technical Paper 2010-32-0051.
- Tomita E., Kawahara N., Zhenyu P., Hagiwara R. (2002), Effects of EGR and Early Injection of Diesel Fuel on Combustion Characteristics and Exhaust Emissions in a Methane Dual Fuel Engine, SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2723.
- Kusaka J., Ito S., Mizushima N., Daisho Y., Saito T. (2003), Numerical Study on Combustion and Exhaust Gas Emissions Characteristics of a Dual Fuel Natural Gas Engine Using a Multi-Dimensional Model Combined with Detailed Kinetics, SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1939.
- Nirendra N.M., R. Raine ., (2008) , A Study of The Emission of a Dual Fuel Engine Operating with Alternative Gaseous Fuels, SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1394
- Fukatani, N., Tomita, E., Kawahara, N., Maruyama, K., Komoda, T. , (2007), Combustion and Exhaust Emissions Characteristics in the Supercharged Engine Ignited with Gas Oil Fueled by Pyrolysis Gas Generated from Biomass. Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (Part B), vol.73, No.730, pp1337-1344
- Nakazono, T., Watanabe, Y. , A study of Stoichiometric Bio-mass Gas Engine, SAE Technical Paper 2015-32-0831
- Hisazumi, Y., Hori, T., Park, C. and Kegasa. A. (2014), Study of LNG Vaporization and Power System for the Next Generation, Journal of Japan Society of Energy and Resources, Bioma (2014), pp.11
- Tabata, T. (2010), Hydrogen society and city gas business, Hydrogen energy system, Vol.35, No.4, pp.78
- Yoshida, K., Nakamachi, I., Shoji, F. , Theory and practice of gas fuel, The energy conservation center.
- Yamasaki, Y., Kanno, M., Taura, Y., Kaneko, S. , Influence of H2 and CO of biomass gas fuel on ignition and combustion in HCCI engine, Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (Part B), vol.48, No.435, pp2364-2370
- Kimura, S., Akimoto, R., Gonzalez, J., Araki, M., Shiga, S. , Operation Characteristics with a Real Biogas by Using an SI Gas Engine Power Generation System, Journal of the Japan Institute of Energy, Vol.94 No.6, pp594-600 (2015)