This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An analysis of the Fuel Cell Pack with Different Drive Cycles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 21, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: NuGen Summit
In the view of an eco-friendly environmental future, the major automotive manufacturers are making a move towards electric mobility. The electric vehicle helps to achieve Zero-emission. However, there are some limitations too. The zero-emission Battery electric vehicle (BEV) can provide a limited range only; the market penetration is getting difficult because of an energy storage capability. The addition of an electric vehicle with a fuel cell unit and a hydrogen supply unit can increase the range and the energy capacity of the system. Fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV) system is faster to refill compared to plug-in Battery electric vehicle (BEV).
This study deals with a behavioral analysis of Polymer Electrolyte Membrane (PEM) Fuel cell; with different drive cycles. In this, a fuel cell model developed and simulated in the SIMULINK environment with different drive cycle and results were obtained. The fuel cell controls also were analyzed for the city start/stop cycle.
The results obtained from the different drive cycles simulations were analyzed and discussed in this paper. Also, the fuel cell system behavioral analysis experimented on the commercial vehicle. The experimental values observed on the vehicle are in correlation with modeled SIMULINK simulation results.
CitationChandrasekar, C. and Amruth Kumar, L., "An analysis of the Fuel Cell Pack with Different Drive Cycles," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-2510, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-2510.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Li , J.Q. , Hua , J.F. , Li , X.J. , Ouyang , M.G. , and Xu , L.F. Optimal Vehicle Control Strategy of a Fuel Cell/Battery Hybrid City Bus International Journal Hydrogen Energy 34 7323 7333 2009
- Zheng , C.-H. and Lin , W.-S. Energy Management of a Fuel Cell/Ultracapacitor Hybrid Power System Using an Adaptive Optimal-Control Method Journal of Power Sources 196 3280 3289 2011
- Bathaee , S.M.T. and Ahmadi , S. Multi Objective Genetic Optimization of the Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicle Supervisory System: Fuzzy Logic and Operating Mode Control Strategies International Journal Hydrogen Energy 40 12512 12521 2015
- Ministry of Natural Gas and Petroleum July 11, 2016 http://ppac.org.in/content/147_1_ConsumptionPetroleum.aspx
- Uzunoglu , M. , Alam , M.S. , and Kisacikoglu , M.C. Load Sharing Using Fuzzy Logic Control in a Fuel Cell/Ultracapacitor Hybrid Vehicle International Journal Hydrogen Energy 34 1497 1507 2009
- Ghouili , J. , Cheriti , A. , and Hemi , H. A Real Time Fuzzy Logic Power Management Strategy for a Fuel Cell Vehicle Energy Conversion and Management 80 63 70 2014
- Guzzella , S.A.L. Vehicle Propulsion System: Introduction to Modeling and Optimisation Second Springer
- Chedid , R. , Panik , F. , and Fares , D. Dynamic Programming Technique for Optimizing Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicles International Journal Hydrogen Energy 40 7777 7790 2015
- Kim , N.W. , Cha , S.W. , and Zheng , C.H. Optimal Control in the Power Management of Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicles International Journal Hydrogen Energy 37 655 663 2012
- December 2017
- Barbir , F. PEM Fuel Cells: Theory and Practice 2nd Burlington Elsevier Academic Press 2013
- Viitakangas , J. 2008
- Guo , L. , Ma , L. , Liu , J. , and Zhang , G. Simultaneous Measurement of Current and Temperature Distributions in a Proton Exchangemembrane Fuel Cell Journal Power Sources 195 11 3597 3604 2010
- Lio , S.-H. , Yen , M.-Y. , Ma , C.-C.M. , Lee , S.-J. et al. Electrical and Thermal Conductivities of Novel Metal Mesh Hybrid Polymer Composite Bipolarplates for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells Journal Power Sources 195 2 509 515 2010
- Jung , D. and Yu , S. A Study of Operation Strategy of Cooling Module with Dynamic Fuel Cell System Model for Transportation Application Renewable Energy 35 11 2525 2532 2010
- Barroso , J. , Roda , V. , Barranco , J. , Lozano , A. et al. Design and Development of the Cooling System of a 2 kW Nominal Power Open-Cathode Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Stack International Journal Hydrogen Energy 37 8 7289 7298 2012
- Shabani , B. , Rosengarten , G. , Andrews , J. , and Islamn , M.R. The Potential of Using Nanofluids in PEM Fuel Cell Cooling Systems A Review Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 48 523 539 2015
- Mahmoud , N. and Noura Hassan , S.R. The Parameter Identification of the Nexa 1.2 kW PEMFC’s Model Using Particle Swarm Optimization Renew Energy 82 26 34 2015 10.1016/j.renene.2014.10.012
- Barlow , T.J. , Latham , S. , McCrae , I.S. , and Boulter , P.G. 2009