This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Proposed Model to Implement a Blockchain for Secure Vehicle to Vehicle Communication
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 21, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: NuGen Summit
This paper proposes a model to implement a blockchain network that can host a system of autonomous vehicles which communicate through generic V2V protocols like DSRC and CV2X. The blockchain will be designed to function like a global database for V2V communication. The purpose behind the proposal of this model was to ensure a transparent and secure network between all autonomous vehicles which indirectly leads to reduced traffic congestion and takes us a step closer to zero crashes. This is made possible by the blockchain ledger’s enhanced encryption systems.
CitationPalavalasa, S., "Proposed Model to Implement a Blockchain for Secure Vehicle to Vehicle Communication," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-2433, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-2433.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Chang, S., Jung, J., and Jha, J. , “Implementation of DSRC Mobile MAC for VANET,” in ICACT, Feb. 13-16, 2011.
- Molisch, D., Tufvesson, F., Karedal, J., and Mecklenbrauker, C. , “A Survey on Vehicle-to-Vehicle Propagation Channels,” Wireless Communications, IEEE 16(6):12-22, Dec. 2009.
- Rowan, S., Clear, M., Huggard, M., and McGoldrick, C. , “Securing Vehicle to Vehicle Communications using Blockchain through Visible Light and Acoustic Side-Channels,” Thesis, Computer Science, UCLA, Los Angeles, 2017.
- Barber, R. , “Autonomous Vehicle Communication using Blockchain,” Honors Thesis, Sally Mcdonnell Barksdale Honors College at the University of Mississippi, Oxford, 2018.
- Autotalks , “DSRC vs C-V2X for Safety Applications,” https://www.auto-talks.com/technology/dsrc-vs-c-v2x-2/, accessed October 2018.
- Tapscott, D., and Tapscott, A. , “Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology behind Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Is Changing the World,” 66-186, ISBN-13: 978-0241237861.
- Nakamoto, S. , “Bitcoin: A Peer to Peer Electronic Cash System”.
- Ganapathi, S. , “General Motors Technical Centre India, Personal Communication,” Mar. 2019.