This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Optimization of Bio-Diesel Fuel Filter Size Media and Configuration for Longer Service Interval
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 21, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: NuGen Summit
Bio diesel is one of the most promising fuel which can not only replace the conventional fuels but also environment friendly in terms of Greenhouse gases emission. Adaptation of Bio diesel comes with reduced maintainability and high maintenance cost. Blends of biodiesel and conventional diesel are most commonly used in automotive diesel engines. Biodiesel is most popular choice as an alternate fuel of fossil diesel due to its easy availability, eco-friendly nature and minimum change in existing diesel engine for retro fitment.
In this paper efforts have been taken to optimize the life of Fuel filter for bio diesel application. For improving Fuel filter life, modifications carried out in Fuel filter media, size and configuration. Further, Fuel filter tested on Engine test bed and Vehicle to establish the life of filter in real world usage condition. Testing Results were compared with existing diesel fuel filter.
CitationSoni, G., Bhargava, A., and Gavade, S., "Optimization of Bio-Diesel Fuel Filter Size Media and Configuration for Longer Service Interval," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-2391, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-2391.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 7]|
- Silting, A.S., Masjuki, H.H., Mahlia, T.M.I., Ong, H.C., and Chong, W.T. , Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews.
- “Diesel Engine Performance and Emission Analysis Using Biodiesel from Various Oil Sources - Review”.
- Dwivedi, G., Jain, S., and Sharma, M.P.
- Halek, F., Kavousi, A., and Banifatemi, M. , “Biodiesel as an Alternative Fuel for Diesel Engines World Academy of Science,” Engineering and Technology 57, 2009.
- “Technical Service Bulletin 06-1: The Effects of Biodiesel on Fuel Filters,” Filter Manufacturer Council.