This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Stress and Model Analysis of Upper and Lower Bolster Components of Molten Steel Transfer Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 11, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
The transportation of hot metal from blast furnaces to melting shops is carried out by molten steel transfer vehicle such as Torpedo ladle car in the steel plants. In need to design Torpedo ladle car within size limitation, capacity requirement and withstanding the impact, static, thermal shock and abrasion conditions, structural analysis is essential for validation. In this paper, stress and model analysis for upper and lower bolsters of Torpedo Ladle Car is carried out. The components are modelled in CAD and analysed using finite element method using software with the required boundary conditions. The results of structural analysis of bolster components are presented and discussed. The results shows that the deflection at the centre of upper and lower bolster was due to bending and applied load. The modal analysis predicted the natural frequencies by using block lanczos method.
CitationSiva Prasad, D., Naiju, C., and Naveen Kumar, P., "Stress and Model Analysis of Upper and Lower Bolster Components of Molten Steel Transfer Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-0119, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-0119.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
- Yun , L. , Guoying , F. , Yongzhao , D. , and Shouhuan , Z. The Dynamic Response Analysis of Auto Body Sheets to Node Loads Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications 4 1 201 205 2014 2248-9622
- Marzuki , M.A.B. , Halim , M.H.A. , and Mohamed , A.R.N. Determination of Natural Frequencies through Modal and Harmonic Analysis of Space Frame Race Car Chassis Based on ANSYS American Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 2015 10.3844/ajeassp
- Thorat , A. , Seshagiri Rao G.V.R. , and Munjal , S. Vibration Analysis of Loader Backhoe Chassis 770 Model International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology 2 8 2013 2277-9655
- Zhang , Y. and Nakashima , A.M. , July 2004
- Duncan , A.E. and Lipton , J. ,
- Ansari , A.K.S. Optimization of Bogie Frame in Indian Railway Indian Journal of Science and Technology 8 31 2015 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i31/84308
- Kumar , C. , Kumar Singh , A. , Kumar , N. , and Kumar , A. Model Analysis and Harmonic Analysis of Cantilever Beam by ANSYS Gjra - Global Journal for Research Analysis 3 9 2014 2277-8160
- Shukla , S. , Kumar , U. , Kumar , S. , Gupta , P. , Kumar , A. , and Kumar , S. Weight Reduction, Modal Analysis and Testing of an Indian Railway Light Weight Bogie Bolster International Journal of Engineering Development and Research
- Chen , Z. Finite Element Method: Its Fundamentals and Applications in Engineering New Jersey World Scientific 2011