This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Fuzzy Logic Based Energy Management of Grid Connected Hybrid Energy System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 11, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
On account of boundless presence and eco-friendly nature of Sustainable Energy Sources (SES) like Wind system, PV etc. power generation using SES became more captivating. This work concentrates on Energy Management (EM) of grid synchronized Hybrid Renewable Energy System (HRES) along with fuzzy logic control. Where the HRES system is a combination of solar panel and wind turbine as sources. Along with an electrical battery for energy storage via an interface using a DC-DC fused CUK-SEPIC converter with multiple input is adopted. This convertor is employed to incorporate the HRES to the main grid. In addition to grid integration a Fuzzy Logic Based (FLB) controller is employed to increase the efficiency of the system. The converter topology used is a crossbreed of wind and solar power system, which is used to eliminate the inclusion of MPPT. A two level framework is imposed, which includes a logic controller to ensure efficient EM when HRESs are interconnected with the grid. Simulation of the FLB energy management system is performed along with the implementation of hardware setup.
CitationDayalan, S., Rathinam, R., Pandey, P., and Adap, M., "A Fuzzy Logic Based Energy Management of Grid Connected Hybrid Energy System," SAE Technical Paper 2019-28-0076, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-28-0076.
- Dobbs, B.G. and Chapman, P.L. , “A Multiple-Input DC-DC Converter Topology,” IEEE Power Electron. Lett. 1(1):6-9, Mar. 2003.
- Chen, Y.M. et al. , “Multi-Input Inverter for Grid-Connected Hybrid PV/Wind Power System,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 22, May 2007.
- Altas, I.H. and Sharaf, A.M. , “A Photovoltaic Array Simulation Model for Matlab-Simulink GUI Environment,” IEEE International Conference on Clean Electrical Power 341-345, May 2007.
- Wang, C. and Nehrir, M.H. , “Power Management of a Stand-Alone Wind/PV/Fuel Cell Energy System,” IEEE Energy Conversion 23(3):957-967, 2008.
- Onar, O.C., Uzunoglu, M., and Alam, M.S. , “Modeling, Control and Simulation of an Autonomous WT/PV/FC/Ultra-Capacitor Hybrid Power System,” Journal of Power Sources 185(2):1273-1283, 2008.
- Kwasinski, A. , “Identification of Feasible Topologies for Multiple-Input DC-DC Converters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron 24(3):856-861, Mar. 2009.
- Li, S., Haskew, T.A., and Xu, L. , “Conventional and Novel Control Designs for Direct Driven PMSG Wind Turbines,” Elect. Power Syst. Res. 80(3):328-338, Mar. 2010.
- Kalantar, M. et al. , “Power Management of PV/Battery Hybrid Power Source Via Passivity Based Control,” Renewable Energy 36(9):2440-2450, 2011.
- Zhang, L. and Li, Y. , “Optimal Energy Management of Wind-Battery Hybrid Power System with Two-Scale Dynamic Programming,” IEEE Transaction on Sustainable Energy 4(3):765-773, July 2013.
- Saha, T. and Jha, D.K. , “Fused Converter Topology for Wind-Solar Hybrid Systems,” IEEE, 2013.
- Ahmed, N.A., Miyatake, M., and Al-Othman, A.K. , “Power Fluctuations Suppression of Stand-Alone Hybrid Generation Combining Solar Photovoltaic/Wind Turbine and Fuel Cell Systems,” Energy Conversion and Management 49(10):2711-2719, 2008.
- Valverde, L., Rosa, F., and Bordons, C. , “Design, Planning and Management of a Hydrogen-Based Microgrid,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics 9(3), August 2013.
- MathWorks , “Documentation Center,” 2012. http://www.mathworks.co.uk/help/stateflow/gs/a-look-at-t he-physical-plant.html.