This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Analysis of LNT/DPF after Treatment System on a Passenger Car for Indian Road Condition
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 09, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The Lean NOx Trap (LNT) / Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) system has been developed as one of key technologies to comply with BS VI regulations. For DPF system it is necessary to prevent excessive soot accumulation and high temperature which can lead to eventual DPF failure. For LNT system it is necessary to maintain the NOx conversion efficiency to meet the required BS VI norms. Considering the Indian road condition a methodology was developed to evaluate the soot, de-NOx and de-SOx regeneration for development of optimized LNT/DPF system.
The study was carried on >1500cc, LNT/DPF equipped Euro VI diesel passenger car to evaluate the effect of regeneration characteristics in real Indian driving condition. The study was carried on different conditions such as traffic [urban mode and rural mode] and ambient condition like temperature and weather on the regeneration behavior of LNT/DPF. A concurrent study was conducted on the regeneration frequency, timing, temperature, success rate on the above mentioned methods which affects the life of the post-treatment system. The paper shows the correlation between the active & passive regeneration and Indian road condition for the development of BS VI. The focus of the study was on the system components and the information based on which regeneration is triggered. The paper will report on failure regenerations under several extreme conditions.
CitationTiwari, R. and Balagangatharan, B., "Experimental Analysis of LNT/DPF after Treatment System on a Passenger Car for Indian Road Condition," SAE Technical Paper 2019-26-0155, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-26-0155.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Hans , E.F. , Louise , P. , Björn , O. , Annika , W. et al. Model Studies of NOx Storage and Sulphur Deactivation of NOx Storage Catalysts 16 133 137 2001
- Dathe , H. , Jentys , A. , and Lercher , J.A. Sulfate Formation on SOx Trapping Materials Studied by Cu and S K-Edge XAFS Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 7 6 1283 1292 2005
- Burch , R. , Fornasiero , P. , and Southward , B.W.L. An Investigation into the Reactivity, Deactivation, and In Situ Regeneration of Pt-Based Catalysts for the Selective Reduction of NOx under Lean Burn Conditions 182 1 234 243 1999
- Fekete , N. , Leyrer , J. , Kemmler , R. , Krutzsch , B. et al. Evaluation of NOx Storage Catalysts for Lean Burn Gasoline Fueled Passenger Cars SAE Technical Paper 970746 1997 10.4271/970746
- Poulston , S. and Rajaram , R.R. Regeneration of NOx Trap Catalysts Catalysis Today 81 4 603 661 2003
- Ren , Y. and Harold , M.P. NOx Storage and Reduction with H 2 on Pt/Rh/BaO/CeO 2 : Effects of Rh and CeO 2 in the Absence and Presence of CO 2 and H 2 O 2011 10.1021/cs200252r
- Bonzi , R. , Lietti , L. , Castoldi , L. , and Forzatti , P. NOx Removal over a Double-Bed NSR-SCR Reactor Configuration Catalysis Today 151 3-4 376 385 2010
- Choi , J.-S. , Partridge , W.P. , Pihl , J.A. , and Stuart Daw , C. Sulfur and Temperature Effects on the Spatial Distribution of Reactions inside a Lean NOx Trap and Resulting Changes in Global Performance Catalysis Today 136 173 182 2008
- Casapu , M. , Grunwaldt , J.-D. , Maciejewski , M. , Baiker , A. et al. Thermal Ageing Phenomena and Strategies towards Reactivation of NO x - Storage Catalysts 42 1-4 3 7 2007
- Guan , B. , Zhan , R. , He , L. , and Huang , Z. Review of the State-of-the-Art of Exhaust Particulate Filter Technology in Internal Combustion Engines J. Environ. Manage. 154 225 258 2015
- Oliveira , L.M. Controlling Particulate Matter Emissions in Vehicles using Different Strategies under the Heavy-Duty Test Cycle SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0885 2012 10.4271/2012-01-0885
- Mayer , A. , Lutz , T. , Lammle , C. et al. Engine Intake Throttling for Active Regeneration of Diesel Engine SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0381 2003 10.4271/2003-01-0381
- Chen , K. , Martirosyan , K.S. , and Luss , D. Transient Temperature Rise during Regeneration of Diesel Particulate Filters Chem. Eng. Sci. 176-177 144 150 2011
- Fridell , E. , Westerberg , B. , Amberntsson , A. , and Skoglundh , M. Sulphur Dioxide Deactivation of NOx Storage Catalysts Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis 126 317 324 1999