This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Method Development to Virtually Validate Farm Tractor Skid for Front End Loader Application
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 09, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In farm tractors, front end loaders are becoming popular attachments for primarily material handling such as loading, moving and unloading of woodchips, sand, gravels etc. It is also used for some severe load application such as tree uprooting and ripping operation which requires validation of loader frame and tractor as well. To validate the design, a standard pull-push test is carried out on tractor with loader in a laboratory. In this test front loader bucket is pushed against a rigidly clamped fixture with full engine throttle and maximum hydraulic cylinder pressure of loader. To avoid surprise failures during the test, a virtual simulation method needs to be developed and validated.
In this paper, a method has been proposed by authors for the above objective. A multi-body dynamics model of tractor with loader is created in MSC ADAMS and actual event is simulated using test loads & boundary conditions. Forces and moments are extracted on all tractor skid attachments points from MBD model. Afterwards, an inertia relief durability analysis is done in MSC Nastran using the extracted loads. Strain gauges are pasted on tractor front axle support, clutch housing and data acquisition activity is carried to extract strain level during test operation. The durability results are correlated with measured strain data and achieved more than 80% correlation.
|Technical Paper||An Instrumentation System for Vehicle Stopping Distance Tests|
|Technical Paper||Hydraulic Reservoir Breathers How Good|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Drain, Fill, and Level Plugs for Off-Road, Self-Propelled Work Machines|
CitationSubbaiyan, P., Kumar, A., Mayur, J., Nizampatnam, B. et al., "Method Development to Virtually Validate Farm Tractor Skid for Front End Loader Application," SAE Technical Paper 2019-26-0080, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-26-0080.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Vinod , V. , Saravanan , V. , Dinesh , R. , Arun , M. et al. Agricultural Tractor Hydraulic Lift Arm Assembly Design for Durability and Correlation with Physical Test SAE Technical Paper 2016-28-0237 2016 10.4271/2016-28-0237
- Latorre-Biel , J.I. , Arana , I. , Ballesteros , T. , Pintor , J.M. et al. Front End Loader with Automatic Levelling for Farm Tractors Biosystem Engineering I48 III I26 2016
- Mattetti , M. , G. Molari , A. , and Vertua , A.G. Tractor Accelerated Test on Test Rig Journal of Agricultural Engineering XLIV s2 e76 2013
- Mattetti , M. , Molari , G. , and Sedoni , E. Methodology for the Realisation of Accelerated Structural Tests on Tractors Biosystems Engineering 113 3 266 271 Nov. 2012
- Lim , G. and Lee , B. Study on the Impact Analysis of Front Loader for Tractor Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation, Society 16 8 5051 5059 2015
- MSC Software Corp
- ISO 14397-2:2007
- Damanauskas , V. and Janulevicius , A. Differences in Tractor Performance Parameters between Single-Wheel 4WD and Dual-Wheel 2WD Driving Systems Journal of Terramechanics 60 63 73 2015