This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on CAN FD Controller Conformance Test System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 04, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Controller Area Network with Flexible Data-Rate (CAN FD) is invented to compensate for the limited bandwidth of Controller Area Network (CAN). The technology of CAN FD bus conformance test is a prerequisite for the interconnection and normal work of different manufacturers’ CAN FD module, and is of great significance for ensuring the reliability of the CAN FD network. Firstly, the communication protocol conformance test theory is briefly analyzed and the characteristics of the CAN FD protocol are introduced in this paper. Then the test scope and test objects of CAN FD conformance test are pointed out. This paper mainly focuses on the CAN FD controller conformance test, which is belong to chip test. The controller implements the most parts of data link layer in a CAN FD module. Furthermore, the test method and the test cases are elaborated. Based on the coordinated test method, a conformance test system is designed and the hardware and software are developed for the test system. The execution of the test process requires communication and coordination between the test devices, so a communication protocol is also designed. In order to execute the test automatically, the test scripts is developed based on CANoe. Test results shows that the test system has reached expectation, which lays the foundation for all other kinds of CAN FD conformance test.
CitationLuo, F. and Fu, Z., "Research on CAN FD Controller Conformance Test System," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-5073, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-5073.
- Hartwich, F. and Bosch, R. , GmbH. “CAN with Flexible Data-Rate,” presented at in iCC2012 CAN in Automation, Germany, March 2012.
- Qiongyan, Z., Feng, L., Juexiao, C., and Zechang, S. , “The Introduction of CAN Conformance Test,” SAE-China Congress (in Chinese) 656:1196-1200, 2007.
- Zhu, Q., Lu, Y., Tan, X., and Shuangting, Y. , “Design of Implementation of Protocol Conformance Testing Platform of CAN for Train,” Journal of Computer Applications (in Chinese) 38:59-62, 2014.
- Luo, F., Zhuang, G., Chen, J., and Zhang, Q. . “CAN Transceivers Conformance Test System Development,” presented at in IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, China, September 3-5, 2008.
- C&S Group , “The Principle behind CAN Controller Tests,” https://www.csgroup.de/testing/conformance-tests/can-osi-2/, accessed Feb. 2019.
- “Information technology -- Open Systems Interconnection -- Conformance testing methodology and framework -- Part 1: General concepts,” ISO9646, 1994.
- “Road vehicles -- Controller area network (CAN) -- Part 1: Data link layer and physical signaling,” ISO11898, Rev. 2015.
- “Road vehicles -- Controller area network (CAN) conformance test plan -- Part 1: Data link layer and physical signaling,” ISO16845, Rev. 2016.