This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Improved Kmeans Algorithm for Detection in Traffic Scenarios
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 17, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: Automotive Technical Papers
In the Kmeans cluster segmentation used in traffic scenes, there are often zone optimization and over-segmentation problems caused by the algorithm randomly assigning the initial cluster center. In order to improve the target extraction effect in traffic road scenes, this article proposes an improved Kmeans (IM-Kmeans) method.
- Firstly, search for the histogram peaks of the whole pixels based on hue, saturation, value (HSV) image, and find the initial cluster centers’ positions and number. Secondly, the noise points which are far away from the center pixel are removed, and then the pixels are classified into the nearest cluster center according to its value. Finally, after the clustering model reaches convergence, the area-clustering method is used for another classification to solve the over-segmentation problem.
The simulation and experimental comparisons show that the IM-Kmeans algorithm has higher clustering accuracy than the traditional Kmeans algorithm.
CitationLiu, X. and Chen, G., "Improved Kmeans Algorithm for Detection in Traffic Scenarios," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-5067, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-5067.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Tzortzis, G., Likas, A., and Tzortzis, G. , “The MinMax k-Means Clustering Algorithm,” Pattern Recognition 47(7):2505-2516, 2014.
- Zhang, W.Z., Yang, G.W., Pan, Z.K. et al. , “A Novel Extracting Method for the Curves Based on B-Snake,” in International Conference on Visual Information Engineering, 2009.
- Yue, W., Teoh, E.K., and Shen, D. , “A B-Snake Model Using Statistical and Geometric Information-Applications to Medical Images,” in International Conference on Control, 2013.
- Takemori, T., Tanaka, M., and Matsuno, F. , “Gait Design for a Snake Robot by Connecting Curve Segments and Experimental Demonstration,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics (99):1-8, 2018.
- Alvarez, J.M., Gevers, T., Diego, F. et al. , “Road Geometry Classification by Adaptive Shape Models,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 14(1):459-468, 2013.
- Yan, X., Rui, Z., Jie, M. et al. , “Considering Variable Road Geometry in Adaptive Vehicle Speed Control,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering 2013(30):1-12, 2013.
- Cheng, X., Wang, C.X., Laurenson, D.I. et al. , “An Adaptive Geometry-Based Stochastic Model for Non-Isotropic MIMO Mobile-to-Mobile Channels,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 8(9):4824-4835, 2009.
- Barros, L.C.D., Hirakawa, A.R., and Massola, A.M.D.A. , “An Adaptive Model Applied to Digital Geometry to Enhance Segment Straightness,” IEEE Latin America Transactions 9(6):956-962, 2011.
- Vitor, G.B., Lima, D.A., Victorino, A.C. et al. , “A 2D/3D Vision Based Approach Applied to Road Detection in Urban Environments,” in Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, 2013.
- Son, T.T., Mita, S., and Takeuchi, A. , “Road Detection Using Segmentation by Weighted Aggregation Based on Visual Information and a Posteriori Probability of Road Regions,” in IEEE International Conference on Systems, 2008.
- Wang, Z. and Cai, B.G. , “A ROI Setting Method for Vehicle Detection in Urban Environment,” in Antennas & Propagation in Wireless Communications, 2012.
- Li, J., Jin, L., Fei, S. et al. , “Robust Urban Road Image Segmentation,” in Intelligent Control & Automation, 2015.
- Jian, C., Xiang, Z., Teng, C. et al. , “Robust Vehicle Detection Using 3D Lidar under Complex Urban Environment,” in IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation, 2014.
- Thah, P.H. and Sitanggang, I.S. , “Contextual Outlier Detection on Hotspot Data in Riau Province using k-means Algorithm,” Procedia Environmental Sciences 33:258-268, 2016.
- Yu, Q., Luo, Y., Chen, C. et al. , “Outlier-Eliminated k-Means Clustering Algorithm Based on Differential Privacy Preservation,” Applied Intelligence 45(4):1179-1191, 2016.
- Kusuma, I., MaSum, M.A., Habibie, N. et al. “Design of Intelligent k-Means Based on Spark for Big Data Clustering,” in International Workshop on Big Data & Information Security, IEEE, 2017.
- Jiang, F., Liu, G., Du, J. et al. , “Initialization of K-modes Clustering Using Outlier Detection Techniques,” Information Sciences 332:167-183, 2016.
- Dudik, J.M., Kurosu, A., Coyle, J.L. et al. , “A Comparative Analysis of DBSCAN, K-Means, and Quadratic Variation Algorithms for Automatic Identification of Swallows from Swallowing Accelerometry Signals,” Computers in Biology and Medicine 59:10-18, 2015.
- Oliveira, G.V.D. and Nald, M.C. , “Scalable Fast Evolutionary k-Means Clustering,” in Intelligent Systems IEEE, 2016.
- Xhafa, F., Bogza, A., Santi, C. et al. “Apache Mahout's k−Means vs. Fuzzy k−Means Performance Evaluation,” in International Conference on Intelligent Networking & Collaborative Systems IEEE, 2016.
- Han, L., Luo, S., Wang, H. et al. , “An Intelligible Risk Stratification Model based on Pairwise and Size Constrained KMeans,” IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics 2016:1-1.
- Imazu, H. and Fukuto, J. , “The Obstacle Zone by Target and Evasive Area (IAIN 2003),” Navigation 160(1):47-51, 2004.
- Zhu, C., Hui, Z., Wang, R. et al. , “A Novel Hierarchical Method of Ship Detection from Spaceborne Optical Image Based on Shape and Texture Features,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience & Remote Sensing 48(9):3446-3456, 2010.
- Wang, B.Y., Zhang, R., Yuan, Y. et al. , “An Auto-Adapt Multi-Level Threshold Segmentation Method of Ships Detection in Remote Sensing Images with Complex Sea Surface Background,” in International Workshop on Multi-platform/multi-sensor Remote Sensing & Mapping, 2011.
- Gang, H., Kejun, W., Yuan, P. et al. , “Deep Learning Methods for Underwater Target Feature Extraction and Recognition,” Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience 2018:1-10, 2018.
- Strickland, R.N. and Hahn, H.I. , “Wavelet Transform Methods for Object Detection and Recovery,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing A Publication of the IEEE Signal Processing Society 6(5):724-735, 2007.
- Simonyan, K. and Zisserman, A. , “Very Deep Convolutional Networks for Large-Scale Image Recognition,” Computer Science 10(1):1-14, 2014.
- Liu, W., Anguelov, D., Erhan, D. et al. , SSD: Single Shot MultiBox Detector (Springer International Publishing, 2016).
- Petres, C., Yan, P., Patron, P. et al. , “Path Planning for Autonomous Underwater Vehicles,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics 23(2):331-341, 2007.
- Shi, H., Zhang, Q., Bian, M. et al. , “A Novel Ship Detection Method Based on Gradient and Integral Feature for Single-Polarization Synthetic Aperture Radar Imagery,” Sensors 18(2):563-571, 2018.
- Zhang, R., Nie, F. et al. , “Joint Learning of Fuzzy k-Means and Nonnegative Spectral Clustering With Side Information,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing 28(5):2152-2162, 2019.
- Boyd, S., Vandenberghe, L., and Faybusovich, L. , “Convex optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Automative Control 51(11):1859, Nov.2006.