This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Braking Control Strategy Based on Electronically Controlled Braking System and Intelligent Network Technology
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 4, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In order to solve the coupling problems between braking safety, economical efficiency of braking and the comfort of drivers, a braking control strategy based on Electronically Controlled Braking System (EBS) and intelligent network technology under non-emergency braking conditions is proposed. The controller utilizes the intelligent network technology’s characteristics of the workshop communication to obtain the driving environment information of the current vehicle firstly, and then calculate the optimal braking deceleration of the vehicle based on optimal control method. The strategy will distribute the braking force according to the ideal braking force distribution condition based on the EBS according to the braking deceleration; the braking force will be converted to braking pressure according to brake characteristics. Computer co-simulations of the proposed strategy are performed, the strategy is verified under different initial speeds. The results show that the strategy enables the vehicle to stop within a safe distance, keeps the brake deceleration as smooth as possible for better braking comfort while at the same time obtaining better braking economy by increasing braking efficiency under different initial speeds.
CitationZheng, H. and Li, R., "Braking Control Strategy Based on Electronically Controlled Braking System and Intelligent Network Technology," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-5038, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-5038.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Li, W., Du, H., and Li, W. , “A New Torque Distribution Strategy for Blended Anti-Lock Braking Systems of Electric Vehicles Based on Road Conditions and Driver's Intentions,” SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 9(1):107-115, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-0461.
- Decker, H. and Wrede, J. , “Brake-By-Wire: Solutions, Advantages and the Need for Standardization,” SAE Technical Paper 94C039 , 1994, doi:10.4271/94C039.
- Li, F., Jian, Y., Zhang, Y., and Li, L. , “Analysis of Pressure Response Imbalance of the Air Braking System of Vehicle and Its Influence on the Driving Stability,” presented at in International Conference on Transportation Information and Safety 2017, Canada, Aug 8-10, 2017.
- Zhao, L., Cao, Q., Li, Y., and Gao, N. , “An Optimization Technique of Braking Force Distribution Coefficient for Truck” presented at in International Conference on Transportation, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering 2011, China, Dec. 16-18, 2011.
- Xu, J. and Zhang, X. , “Optimization Algorithm for Vehicle Braking Force Distribution of Front and Rear Axles Based on Brake Strength,” presented at in World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation China 2016, June 12-15, 2016.
- Aleksendric, D., Duboka, C., and Arsenic, Z. , “Vehicle Combination Braking Compatibility Behavior,” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2586 , 2002, doi:10.4271 /2002-01-2586.
- Beyer, C., Schramm, H., and Wrede, J. , “Electronic Braking System EBS - Status and Advanced Functions,” SAE Technical Paper 982781 , 1998, doi:10.4271/982781.
- Lindemann, K., Petersen, E., Schult, M., and Korn, A. , “EBS and Tractor Trailer Brake Compatibility,” SAE Technical Paper 973283 , 1997, doi:10.4271/973283.
- von Glasner, E., Bergmann, H., Marwitz, H., and Povel, R. , “Intelligent Braking Management for Commercial Vehicles,” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-3156 , 2000,doi:10.4271/2000-01-3156.
- Zu, S., Hang, S., and Peng, Y. , “Research on Key Technologies and Application of Vehicle Networking,” presented at in International Conference on Education, Management and Computer Science 2016, Canada, May 27-29, 2016.
- Lu, N., Cheng, N., Zhang, N., and Shen, X. , “Connected Vehicles: Solutions and Challenges,” IEEE Internet of Things Journal 289-299, Aug. 2014.
- Karthikeyan, P., Siva Chaitanya, C., Jagga Raju, N. et al. , “Modelling an Electropneumatic Brake System for Commercial Vehicles,” Electrical Systems in Transportation 41-48, Jan. 2011.
- Qi, Z. , “Research on Control Technology of Antilock Braking System in Integrated ABS/ASR/ACC System for motor Vehicles,” presented at PhD Thesis, Beijing Institute of Technology 2004, China, June 10, 2004.
- Shen, G.J., Liu, Z.Q., and Meng, L.J. , “Analysis of Longitudinal Dynamics Test on No. T41/42 Train from West Beijing Station to Xi’an Station,” Roll. Stock 8-9, Nov. 2000.
- Wan, Y., Zhang, D., Weiqiang, Z., Zong, C. et al. , “Development of Simulation Platform and Control Strategy of Electronic Braking System for Commercial Vehicles,” SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2286 , 2014, doi:10.4271/2014-01-2286.
- Lv, C., Zhang, J., Li, Y., and Yuan, Y. , “Regenerative Braking Control Algorithm for an Electrified Vehicle Equipped with a By-Wire Brake System,” SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1791 , 2014, doi:10.4271/2014-01-1791.
- Zhu, B., Feng, Y., and Zhao, J. , “Model-Based Pneumatic Braking Force Control for the Emergency Braking System of Tractor-Semitrailer,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0824 , 2018, doi:10.4271/2018-01-0824.
- Zong, C., Yang, S., and Zheng, H. , “A Control Strategy of Electronic Braking System based on Brake Comfort,” presented at in International Conference on Transportation, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering 2011, China, Dec 16-18, 2011.
- Li, W., Ban, X., and Wang, J. , “Traffic Signal Timing Optimization Incorporating Individual Vehicle Fuel Consumption Characteristics under Connected Vehicles Environment,” presented at in International Conference on Connected Vehicles and Expo 2016, USA, Sep. 12-16, 2016.
- Gelbal, S.Y., Zhu, S., Anantharaman, G.A., Aksun Guvenc, B. et al. , “Cooperative Collision Avoidance in a Connected Vehicle Environment,” SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0488 , 2019, doi:10.4271/2019-01-0488.
- Nakazawa, M., Isobe, O., Takahashi, S. et al. , Vehicle System Dynamics 413-426, 1995.
- Karthikeyan, P., Siva, C., Chaitanya, N., Jagga, R. et al. , “Modelling an Electropneumatic Brake System for Commercial Vehicles,” Electrical Systems in Transportation 41-48, Feb. 2011.
- He, X. , “Study on Control Strategy of Regenerative Braking for Electric Bus Based on Braking Control,” June 2011.
- FU, L.T., Oberling, J., and Palkovics, L. , “Design of Redundant Brake-by-Wire Architecture for Commercial Vehicles Based on Qualitative Reliability Approach,” Journal of KONES Powertrain and Transport 13(1):83-97, 2006.
- UN ECE R13 , “Uniform Provisions Concerning the Approval of Vehicles of Categories M, N and O With Regard to Braking,” UN ECE, 413-426, 1995.