This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study on Thermal Degradation Characteristics of Ion Exchange Resins of Fuel Cell Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The thermal degradation of ion E/R (ion exchange resin) has been investigated in the pure water generation power plants, but not in electric power generation in Fuel Cell Vehicle (FC-V). Electric power generation fuel cell uses its coolant water of 50wt% ethylene glycol (EG). When EG degraded in the heated condition, ions elute in the coolant. This ion elution reduces the ion E/R performance through reduction of its capacity. This paper describes the effect of thermal degradation of ion E/R in FC-V.
CitationKamo, K. and Miyashita, M., "Study on Thermal Degradation Characteristics of Ion Exchange Resins of Fuel Cell Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2370, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2370.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
- Ministry of economy trade and industry Japan Basic strategies related to hydrogen Ministerial Conference on Renewable Energy, Hydrogen 2017
- Takashiba· T and Yagawa· S Development of Fuel Cell Coolant 2009
- Madera · M and Hoeflinger · W , et al Ion chromatographic identification and quantification of glycol degradation products 2003
- Rossiter· W · J· JR. and McClure · G , et al An investigation of the degradation of aqueous ethylene glycol and propylene glycol solutions using ion chromatography 1985
- Mizuno· T Degradation of anion E/R 1965
- Matsuda · M and Funabashi · K , et al Decomposition of ion E/Rs by pyrolysis 1986
- Femández-Prini R and De Pattin C R , et al Hydrothermal decomposition of ion-E/Rs 1982
- Matsuda · M and Funabashi · K , et al Volume reduction of ion E/R by a pyrolysis technique 1985
- Brodda· B-G and Dix· S , et al Investigation of the pyrolytic degradation of ion E/Rs by means of foil pulse pyrolysis coupled with gas chromatography/mass spectrometry 1993