This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
High EGR Rate, Lean TRF-air Turbulent Combustion with Tumble Flow in a Constant Volume Vessel
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
To investigate the flame characteristics under a high efficiency spark ignition engine condition, a direct numerical simulation (DNS) of forced ignition of premixed mixtures in a constant volume vessel with a tumble flow has been performed for a lean Toluene Reference Fuel (TRF)-air mixture at a high exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) rate at high pressure. After a certain time, separated reaction region is observed. It is found that flame characteristics just after the ignition region are close to the corresponding laminar flame and flame characteristics of separated reaction region are different from laminar flame.
- Takahiro Konagamitsu - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Tec
- Yuki Minamoto - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Tec
- Masayasu Shimura - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Tec
- Mamoru Tanahashi - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Tec
CitationKonagamitsu, T., Minamoto, Y., Shimura, M., and Tanahashi, M., "High EGR Rate, Lean TRF-air Turbulent Combustion with Tumble Flow in a Constant Volume Vessel," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2345, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2345.
- Saito , N. , Minamoto Basmil Y. , Shimura , M. and Tanahashi , M. 2018
- Tanahashi , M. , Ito , Y. Miyauchi , T. Local flame structure in the well-stirred reactor regime Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 29-2 2002 2041 2049
- Tanahashi , M. , Fujimura , M. , Miyauchi , T. Coherent fine scale eddies in turbulent premixed flames Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 28 1 2000 529 535
- Shimura , M. , Yamawaki , K. , Fukushima , N. , Shim , Y.S. et al. J. Turbulence 1-17 2010
- Yenerdag , B. , Fukushima , N. , Shimura , M. , Tanahashi , M. , and Miyauchi , T. Proc. Combust. Inst. 1277-1285 2015 35
- Sussman Smereka , P. and Osher , S. J. Comp. Phys. 146-159 1994 144
- Poinsot , T.J. and Lele , S.K. J. Comput. Phys. 1992 104 129
- Baum , M. , Poinsot , T. , and Thevenin , D. J. Comput. Phys 116-2 1994 1530 1539
- R.J. Kee , G. Dixon-Lewis , J. Warnatz , M.E. Coltrin , J.A. Miller 1986
- R.J. Kee , F.M. Rupley , J.A. Miller 1989
- Sakai , Y. et al. Proc. Combust. Inst. 411-418 2009 32
- Gou , X. , Sun , W. , Chen , Z. , and Ju , Y. Combust. Flame 1111-1121 2010 157
- Minamoto , Y. , Fukushima , N. , Tanahashi , M. , and Miyauchi , T. Phys. Fluids 125107 2011 2