This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
High EGR Rate, Lean TRF-air Turbulent Combustion with Tumble Flow in a Constant Volume Vessel
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
To investigate the flame characteristics under a high efficiency spark ignition engine condition, a direct numerical simulation (DNS) of forced ignition of premixed mixtures in a constant volume vessel with a tumble flow has been performed for a lean Toluene Reference Fuel (TRF)-air mixture at a high exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) rate at high pressure. After a certain time, separated reaction region is observed. It is found that flame characteristics just after the ignition region are close to the corresponding laminar flame and flame characteristics of separated reaction region are different from laminar flame.
- Takahiro Konagamitsu - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Tec
- Yuki Minamoto - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Tec
- Masayasu Shimura - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Tec
- Mamoru Tanahashi - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Tec
CitationKonagamitsu, T., Minamoto, Y., Shimura, M., and Tanahashi, M., "High EGR Rate, Lean TRF-air Turbulent Combustion with Tumble Flow in a Constant Volume Vessel," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2345, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2345.
- Saito, N., Minamoto Basmil Y., Shimura, M. and Tanahashi, M., Combust. Sci. Tech., 452-470 (2018), 190.
- Tanahashi, M., Ito, Y. Miyauchi, T. Local flame structure in the well-stirred reactor regime, Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 29-2 (2002) 2041-2049.
- Tanahashi, M., Fujimura, M., Miyauchi, T. Coherent fine scale eddies in turbulent premixed flames, Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 28-1 (2000) 529-535.
- Shimura, M., Yamawaki, K., Fukushima, N., Shim, Y.S. et al., J. Turbulence 1-17, (2010) 13.
- Yenerdag, B., Fukushima, N., Shimura, M., Tanahashi, M., and Miyauchi, T., Proc. Combust. Inst. 1277-1285 (2015), 35.
- Sussman Smereka, P. and Osher, S., J. Comp. Phys. 146-159 (1994), 144
- Poinsot, T.J. and Lele, S.K., J. Comput. Phys., 101-1 (1992), 104-129.
- Baum, M., Poinsot, T., and Thevenin, D., J. Comput. Phys 116-2 (1994), 1530-1539.
- R.J. Kee, G. Dixon-Lewis, J. Warnatz, M.E. Coltrin, J.A. Miller, A Fortran computer code package for the evaluation of gas-phase multicomponent transport properties, Sandia National Laboratories (1986) Report No. SAND86-8246.
- R.J. Kee, F.M. Rupley, J.A. Miller, A Fortran chemical kinetics package for the analysis of gas phase chemical kinet-ics, Sandia National Laboratories (1989) report No. SAND89-8009B.
- Sakai, Y. et al., Proc. Combust. Inst. 411-418 (2009), 32.
- Gou, X., Sun, W., Chen, Z., and Ju, Y., Combust. Flame 1111-1121 (2010), 157.
- Minamoto, Y., Fukushima, N., Tanahashi, M., and Miyauchi, T., Phys. Fluids 125107 (2011), 2.