This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Two-Degree-of-Freedom Controller Design for Diesel Engine Airpath System Considering Dynamics of Turbocharger and Manifolds
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
We developed a two-degree-of-freedom (2-DOF) control system for a diesel engine airpath system. First, a physical airpath model of the diesel engine was developed, followed by a nonlinear feedforward controller developed based on the inverse characteristics of the developed physical model. The dynamics of turbocharger and manifolds were considered in the feedforward controller to improve the transient response. The feedback controller was designed by H∞ control theory considering plant nonlinearities as uncertainties. The feedforward and feedback controllers were implemented as a 2-DOF freedom control scheme. The effectiveness of the proposed method was evaluated by conducting simulation and experiment.
CitationHirata, M., Hayashi, T., Asahi, T., Takahashi, M. et al., "Two-Degree-of-Freedom Controller Design for Diesel Engine Airpath System Considering Dynamics of Turbocharger and Manifolds," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2321, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2321.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- ABD-ALLA , G. Using exhaust gas recirculation in internal combustion engines: A review Energy Conversion and Management 43 8 1027 1042 10.1016/s0196-8904(01)00091-7 2002
- STEFANOPOULOU , A.G. ; KOLMANOVSKY , I. ; FREUDENBERG , J.S. Control of variable geometry turbocharged diesel engines for reduced emissions IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 8 4 733 745 10.1109/87.852917
- XIE , H. ; LI , S. ; SONG , K. ; HE , G. Model-based decoupling control of VGT and EGR with active disturbance rejection in diesel engines IFAC Proceedings Volumes 46 21 282288 10.3182/20130904-4-JP-2042.00149
- GUZZELLA , L. ; AMSTUTZ , A. Control of diesel engines IEEE Control System Magazine 18 5 53 71 1998
- GUZZELLA , L. ; ONDER , C. Introduction to Modeling and Control of Internal Combustion Engine Systems 2nd Springer 2010
- IWADARE , M. ; UENO , M. ; HATTORI , Y. ; ADACHI , S. Modeling and control systems design by model predictive control for air-path system of diesel engine Transactions of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers 46 8 456 462 10.9746/sicetr.46.456 2010
- HUANG , M. ; NAKADA , H. ; BUTTS , K. ; KOLMANOVSKY , I. Nonlinear model predictive control of a diesel engine air path: A comparison of constraint handling and computational strategies IFAC-PapersOnLine 48 23 372 379 10.1016/j.ifacol.2015.11.308 2015
- Hirata , M. , Hayashi , T. , Koizumi , J. , Takahashi , M. , Yamasaki , Y. , and Kaneko , S. Modeling of diesel engine air path system using a discrete combustion model and two-degree-of-freedom control Proc. of Symposium for Combustion Control 207 214 2018
- Hirata , M. , Hayashi , T. , Koizumi , J. , Takahashi , M. , Yamasaki , Y. , and Kaneko , S. Two-degree-of-freedom H-infinity control of diesel engine air path system with nonlinear feedforward controller Proc. of the 5th IFAC Conference on Engine and Powertrain Control, Simulation and Modeling 574 580 2018
- ZHOU , K. ; DOYLE , J.C. Essentials of Robust Control Prentice Hall 1998
- SAEKI , M. ; WADA , N. Synthesis of a Static Anti-Windup Compensator via Linear Matrix Inequalities Int. J. Robust Nonlinear Control 12 927 953 2002
- JUNG , M. ; GLOVER , K. Calibratable linear parameter-varying control of a turbocharged diesel engine IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 14 1 45 62 10.1109/TCST.2005.860513 2006
- HIRATA , M. , HAYASHI , T. , TAKAHASHI , M. , YAMASAKI , Y. , KANEKO , S. A nonlinear feedforward controller design taking account of dynamics of turbocharger and manifolds for diesel engine air-path system Proc of the 9th IFAC International Symposium on Advanced in Automotive Control 2019